Resource icon

Registration Form Timer 2.0

No permission to download
This add-on doesn't have a timer that displays like that.

The timer that displays is default XenForo functionality if that option is enabled. But the benefit this add-on has is an incredibly effective API which will catch lots of spammers before they register.

That is default functionality.
well i never saw this im not sure y i don't have it i always had timer set for default ver...

but i have TAC anti spam collection installed so i have a lot of add ones that modify the registration template i believe + cloudflare with rocker loader may also be stopping it...

ever since i updated i have been getting this issue errors with the: Tac_StopCountrySpam, http://xenforo.com/community/resources/stopcountryspam-spam-combat.1016/

8n8Mc.png

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined variable: botErrors - library/RegFormTimer/ControllerPublic/Register.php:61
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 3:42 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/RegFormTimer/ControllerPublic/Register.php(61): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/unkn0wn/p...', 61, Array)
#1 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Tac/StopCountrySpam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(337): RegFormTimer_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#2 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Tac_StopCountrySpam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#3 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(49) "http://portalcentric.net/forums/register/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

ok registration still goes through but i get error... in log...

i have stop botters enabled with the TAC pack so i disabled in reg timer but i still get the error log

Last edited:
2.0 still has the .xml file for 1.3 under /library, which caused problems with Install and Upgrade by Waindigo. (it used the 1.3 xml file)

Hello Chris! Great add-on, which I think is a must for most users.

I've come up a problem, though and am not sure what causes it, but I'm afraid I'm locking genuine users:
I've installed the plug-in yesterday, and since then I have email notifications for:
970 seconds, 790 seconds, 289 seconds, 19 seconds, 105, 4, 167, etc. it's about 15 emails I've had.
I've currently disabled the add-on for now, to find out what's going on 1st. My XF timer (default one) is set to 0, and your add-on timer is set to 10 sec.
/ error if period is not met.
Any ideas what could I've done wrong?
Thank you

This add-on checks against the StopBotters API which will prevent people registering if they match other criteria besides the timer, so that is somewhat expected.

Chris, this is not an IM, I thought,. that reply was about 2 minutes? wow. :)
yes I'm aware of the API, I just thought the error message would be different if the block wasn't caused by the timer.
Looking through the user names, it is indeed possible that all these are spam.
I tried registering myself and it worked, so I will leave it on and monitor it.
Thanks very much,
Your work is greatly appreciated!
Vali

Yeah the API stuff was actually added on much later, so the emails go out if any registration fails for any reason. I'd probably recommend turning the emails off eventually to save your sanity :) The logs in the Admin CP are a good view of what is going on.

KUYSB 23. January 2015 - :62.210.114.49 - 0 seconds

• GeorgiUtle 23. January 2015 - :77.254.216.190 - 1 seconds
  • 23. January 2015 - :172.245.226.162 - 1421954706 seconds
    StopBotters found the following param in their database ip_address: 172.245.226.162
    StopBotters found the following param in their database username:
  • 23. January 2015 - :208.115.125.130 - 1421953792 seconds
    StopBotters found the following param in their database ip_address: 208.115.125.130
    StopBotters found the following param in their database username:
The app is fine but since 23rd Jan 2015 StopBotters stopped working.
What's the reason ?

Top Bottom