Regex Moderation

Regex Moderation 1.3.1

No permission to download

Thomas.B

Thomas.B submitted a new resource:

Regex Moderation - Moderate posts with regular expressions to prevent obscured spam

This add-on can detect obscured spam in posts. There are two ACP options with which you can control the detection behavior:

1. Single characters words

With this option you can restrict how many single character words the message may contain at most. This is to prevent spammers that type for example „b a d w o r d“ instead of „badword“.

2. Word patterns

With this option you can state a regular expressions that will be applied...

Read more about this resource...

Good question! The word patterns have a nicer UI :D

Well, it seems that you can do basically the same with both. I actually don't use any anti-spam measures myself and I think I've only noticed this XF option once a very long time ago while browsing the options. So it didn't come to my mind when I was asked to develop this add-on..

However, there is actually a (small) benefit as the „word patterns“ are a somewhat smaller (more readable). Also I can imagine that the test/analyse links could be handy. Especially if you have lots of patterns..

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but there is no (technical) connection between the „word patterns“ and the XF censored words.

trying to install gives the following error:
Code:
Server Error

Illegal string offset 'pattern'

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Awedo/RegexModeration/Option/WordRegex.php at line 16
Awedo_RegexModeration_Option_WordRegex::verifyWordRegexOption() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 365
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 222
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1460
XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1399
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1131
XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 324
XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 148
ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 135
ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 65
ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 130
ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom