Redis View Counters

Redis View Counters 2.4.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Redis View Counters - Use redis for view counters rather than MySQL

Moves some view counters to use Redis-based increment counters rather than scratch tables in MySQL. Redis provides atomic get & del when pushing view counts totals into the database.

Note;
  • Currently only handles thread or attachment views.
  • There is an effective limit of ~100000 threads that can be updated per 'Update View Counters' cron task run.

Contributing features or bug fixes
Please create a GitHub Pull request via the "Find more info at github.com..."...

Read more about this resource...

Hi @Xon ! I have an issue with this addon, I started to get a weird behaviour, threads and views counters are not working, and somehow most of my threads views are always one view count above the replies counter, that is very odd.
When I disable this addon, after some hours passes the views starts to count okay again.
What could it be?

No errors at all, and yes of course, I had redis setup correctly and it could be checked at redis info.
Also my bad, the error was not gone when disabling Redis View Counters, I had to disable your Redis Cache addon completely and now the counts are starting to be normal.

Also I noticed "Users Active" was broken from a start with this, as soon as I disabled the addon it was okay again too.

1523934504132.webp

This add-on does should not interact with the 'users active' stat at all.

I should have time to look at this in the next few days

I hope I can use this without Redis Cache add-on.
As XF 2.1 already support redis by default.

Redis has very low overhead for a simple variable increment instead of the database for recording view counts, which cause lots of churn on a frequently accessed table

Top Bottom