Redis Cache By Xon

Redis Cache By Xon 2.17.2

No permission to download
Xon updated Redis Cache By Xon with a new update entry:

2.10.7 - Bugfix & Maintenance update

• Fix email rendering
  • Prefix known global functions to avoid a current namespace lookup for the function.
  • Work-around for non-desirable caching behaviour when CloudFlare (or similar) is forced to cache css.php output
    • If css.php would return empty output instead return a 404 and cache in redis for at most a second
    • Prevent polluting of caches if the time-stamp is in the future
  • Improve XF Cloud support
    • config.php are not required...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After this update, it shows the Redis stats twice. Is this expected to happen?

View attachment 259907
The add-on now extends all cache handlers which use the stock Redis connector, so it is discovering the page cache handler and shimming it too.

The problem is the stats display doesn't realize these are identical redis backends.

I am a little confused about something. I am using igbinary as the serializer in my config file. Does using this option require that igbinary be installed(php-pecl-igbinary)?

Yes it does. It will just silently switch to php serialization if it isn't installed rather than blow up your site.

Check the admincp dashboard for the redis section to see what is actually being used

Check the admincp dashboard for the redis section to see what is actually being used
I guess this is where I get confused. This is that section:

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 6.52.01 PM.webp

So, what you are saying is that it's likely failing on the igbinary serialization and silently using php even though this shows igbinary, correct?

phpredis extension will pull in the igbinary serializer as a dependency so it is likely just working correctly.

phpredis extension will pull in the igbinary serializer as a dependency so it is likely just working correctly.
Thanks.

So, just to confirm, igbinary not listed as a serializer here is not an issue? I know you addressed this but I assumed this was confirmation it wasn't installed. I also do not see it in my phpinfo().

Code:
php --ri redis
redis

Redis Support => enabled
Redis Version => 5.3.4
Redis Sentinel Version => 0.1
Available serializers => php, json

Also, igbinary.so is installed but when I add it to php config, it completely breaks my site. I suppose I will just leave it alone.

Last edited:
can someone give me a quick explain about the function of this addon ?
What are the most common cases where this addon is needet?

I would highly appreciate some little explains / example cases

Have a look at the Feature overview part. beyond the high-availability support via redis sentinel it adds some additional caching that helps for high traffic sites

@Xon instead of having to go to redis-cli it would be nice via your add-on either to run redis-cli commands or have an option to flush a database or run flushall. I may want to reset the database (or all databases) and start clean. It may be easier to do so via your add-on in the options page. Just an idea for extending your add-on to make redis management easier.

Also another idea, why not put all of those options we set in config.php into the options page? Outline either all or the preferred redis cache params and allow us to set them without having to do so directly in the config.php?

Top Bottom