• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Redirection Scripts for Invision Power Board 3.1.x/3.2.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
If you have imported your IPB 3.1 or 3.2 database into XenForo, you can automatically redirect all traffic destined for your IPB content to its new location within XenForo.

All that is required is that you unzip these files and place them in the directory in which your IPB files resided. The included .htaccess file will take care of redirecting calls to IPB into to the ips2xf.php file, which will in turn redirect traffic to the appropriate traffic to XenForo.

Any requests of the old URLs will be redirected with a 301 permanent redirection header.

Moved Directory

If you have installed XenForo in a different directory from where your IPB used to reside, you will need to edit the included 301config.php file in order to specify the full file path to your XenForo installation, as in this example:
PHP:
$fileDir = '/home/example/public_html/xenforo-forum';

Multiple Sources

If your IPB import is (or will be) one of several imports into your XenForo, you will need to instruct the redirect scripts how to find the archived import log data by specifying the import log table name.

Full details are in the XenForo Manual:
April 11th 2011 - Version 2

The new version of these redirect scripts now handles member profile page redirection, and also deals with both the query string and path info versions of IPS URLs. You will need to replace the .htaccess and ips2xf.php files with the new versions to take advantage of these.

April 28th 2011 - Version 3

This is a bug-fix release, which resolves several issues where redirects would be missed or would fail to match imported content.

May 25th 2011 - Version 4

This is a minor bug fix release, which fixes problems related to certain strange PCRE configurations, and IPB URLS making use of the query string for their control mechanism (index.php?/topic/...)

Attachments

The redirect system is intended to handle full rewrite IPB URLs. I wasn't aware IPB had a pathinfo version too. I'll look into implementing that for the next redirect scripts release.

Tiny error in 301config.php:
Code:
If you have not installed XenForo into the same directory in which vBulletin was installed,

Tiny error in 301config.php:
Code:
If you have not installed XenForo into the same directory in which vBulletin was installed,
Heh, they are identical config files. I'll change them both to say something like 'source'.

The redirect system is intended to handle full rewrite IPB URLs. I wasn't aware IPB had a pathinfo version too. I'll look into implementing that for the next redirect scripts release.
Thanks. I have a ton of links on Twitter that are redirecting to nowhere land lol.

Still not working for me. Maybe I am placing the files in the wrong spot. I am just uploading the 2 files to my forum root.
The three files (.htaccess, ips2xf.php, 301config.php) need to be placed in the location that your IPB used to reside.

Can you define 'not working'? Does nothing at all? Throws an error? Sends you to the index page?

I was wondering if this handles small changes to URL structures I made to my IPB installation. For instance, I have each individual form rewritten as /forums/123-forumname/ instead of /forum/123-forumname/ and /thread/123-threadtitle/ instead of /topic/123-topictitle. I'm planning to move over to Xenforo once I get a couple small things sorted out and this happens to be one thing :p

I was wondering if this handles small changes to URL structures I made to my IPB installation. For instance, I have each individual form rewritten as /forums/123-forumname/ instead of /forum/123-forumname/ and /thread/123-threadtitle/ instead of /topic/123-topictitle. I'm planning to move over to Xenforo once I get a couple small things sorted out and this happens to be one thing :p
It won't do that automatically, but if you were able to make that change yourself previously, you should be able to modify the redirect scripts to suit your purposes.

I'm slightly confused as to how I should be doing this. I changed my directory when installing Xenforo, I uploaded the redirect scripts to my old IPB directory and filled in the necessary changes including the changes I made to urls, but I'm not sure how Xenforo is supposed to know how to access my IPB directory to redirect the URLs. Does this also assume the domain changed?

I'm basically sitting like this:

/var/XF <-- has nothing telling it to look at the IPB directory
/var/IPB <-- has the redirect scripts with the necessary modifications

Unless, of course, I'm completely misunderstanding what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom