1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirection Scripts for vBulletin 3.x

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by fredrikse, Jan 5, 2013.

1. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

I'm about to migrate my vBulletin forum during next week. One thing I want to cross check is the proper use of the redirection scripts that comes with Xenforo which I have downloaded from here:

Is import-301-vbulletin-v6.zip the latest version?

vBulletin is currently installed in www.domain.com/. During migration I will remove all files belonging to vBulletin and replace them with the Xenforo files, in www.domain.com/community.

I have also read the following: http://xenforo.com/help/import-redirection/

I guess I only use one of these lines below?
    Do I use only one of these lines as well?
  2. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

fredrikse likes this.
  3. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Will it be a problem if I go from www.domain.com/ to www.domain.com/community?

I don't understand this?
    My plan, when I migrate, is to remove all vBulletin files from the directory and replace them with Xenforo files. Do I need to rethink this?
  4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

All it would mean is your 4 redirection files would be left in www.domain.com and your xenforo files in /community
    fredrikse likes this.
  5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

And you need to uncomment this line in the 301config.php file and specify the full path to your /community directory. That will handle the change of directory:

//$fileDir = '/home/username/www/forums';
    No. Only if you changed the name of the import_log table to something other than xf_import_log which is the default. Check in your database.
  6. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Old links from Google for instance are not correctly translated to Xenforo. I get this error message when I click on a link on Google:

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

In 301config.php I have following code:

$fileDir = '/newsite/public_html/community';
    define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'archived_import_log_newsite');
    What should I do?
  7. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Already solved. The import table was wrong :whistle: I corrected it and now it works just like it is supposed to! Puh! :)
    Jake Bunce and tafreehm like this.