1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirect new registrations to terms and rules page.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by TazDevilLooney, Mar 12, 2011.

1. TazDevilLooney

TazDevilLooney Active Member

Hi, would there be away to send new registered members automatically to the terms and rules page?
    We have lots of people not reading the rules and is causing us problems. (n)

Any suggestions anyone?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. TazDevilLooney

Hi Brogan I have no idear how to implement that. Would someone be able to present this in some form of english for me. o_O
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean as opposed to the Thanks for registering page?

I just tried specifying a redirect location in the registration form but it doesn't work.

Alternatively you can edit this template which is the template for the Thanks for registering page:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> register_process

Just add your content to this template and it will be shown to people following the registration form.
    rafass, RoldanLT and Breixo like this.
  5. TazDevilLooney

Grate idear, that will do just fine. Thanks jake. (y)
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've just noticed you meant register and not login :oops:
  7. TazDevilLooney

To slow..... ;) See you for the next one Brogan. :whistle:
  8. Breixo

Breixo Active Member

Hi! I was looking for something like this but @Jake Bunce solution is not enough for me.
    I come from vbulletin. They had this small plugin: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=242351

I'd like to be able to redirect new users after registration to a URL.
    Usually this URL is the Presentation subforum so more users introduce themselves.

Thanks for your help!
  9. Breixo

Breixo Active Member

10. Hi there!
    Sorry to re-bump but I was trying to send people to my wordpress blog www.site.com after they registered in my forum (www.site.com/forum).

I entered the register_process file but I just can't figure out what to change to send them after email confirmation :S

Hope you can help me out :D
  11. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Perfect ;)
  12. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That template contains the HTML of the page following registration. For example, you can add your own hyperlink to direct people to a certain page:

<a href="http://www.yoursite.com/">WordPress</a>