Reckons Team Marketplace [Paid] [Deleted]

@batpool52! Thanks for quick reply !! I guess i will wait little longer to see if there will be any other developments . I really need that feature for current site and for the next one i am working on .

So with this addon user can not sell item without paypal and even with paypal he must use some kind of shipping?
I have many users on my forum which buy/sell fishing equipments or gardening stuff, but with this addon they can not be able to buy/sell like on ebay?

The shipping from what I can understand, is simply so you can let people know how you will be delivering your item.

I'm still experimenting with it, but so far it seems fairly robust.

@batpool52! I have a few questions and some recommendations for Phrase improvements and general UI improvements which should be fairly simple to implement.

Phrase Improvements

Vendor Central - Should be "Seller Dashboard" - It makes more sense to general users.

Shipper Speed - Should be "Delivery methods" - Again, makes more sense to general users.

Shipper speed - UI Improvements

When selecting a Shipper - When you select the country (In my case, UK) - You should not have to manually select each County (State) - in most countries, this limitation does not occur with Couriers.

I'd remove the selection for all of these county's / States and add an "Exemptions" Text box. That way, unless stated in the Exemptions box, it will be delivered to all states. This will make things cleaner and less complicated for the general user.

Local Pick-up Option

Additionally, it would be good to add an option for "Local pick-up" - Where if the buyer is close to the seller, they can arrange to collect the item in-person.

Resource Manager

Luckily I own Resource Manager but I don't understand the requirement for it, if you are only selling physical items. I don't want resource manager and Marketplace to both show. Can I remove the resource manager from the menu in an easy way without template edits?

Last edited:
So with this addon user can not sell item without paypal and even with paypal he must use some kind of shipping?
I have many users on my forum which buy/sell fishing equipments or gardening stuff, but with this addon they can not be able to buy/sell like on ebay?
Yes will need PayPal. What do you mean by shipping? Shipping Speed or Shipping Address?

Vendor Central - Should be "Seller Dashboard" - It makes more sense to general users.

Shipper Speed - Should be "Delivery methods" - Again, makes more sense to general users.
I'll try to implement them before I release next update. Thanks

When selecting a Shipper - When you select the country (In my case, UK) - You should not have to manually select each County (State) - in most countries, this limitation does not occur with Couriers.

I'd remove the selection for all of these county's / States and add an "Exemptions" Text box. That way, unless stated in the Exemptions box, it will be delivered to all states. This will make things cleaner and less complicated for the general user.
This is something I would need to look more carefully.

Local Pick-up Option

Additionally, it would be good to add an option for "Local pick-up" - Where if the buyer is close to the seller, they can arrange to collect the item in-person.
Again I would have look into more carefully.

Luckily I own Resource Manager but I don't understand the requirement for it, if you are only selling physical items. I don't want resource manager and Marketplace to both show. Can I remove the resource manager from the menu in an easy way without template edits?
Resource Manager is required if you're selling digital products. If your entire resource manager is just for marketplace then you would simply need to a custom development solution to disable access to resource manager. I've few things in mind regarding this though which should solve your issue.

Also apologies for being extremely slow or not providing direct answers as it is 11:00 PM of 31st and I'm still working on something lol

Ok - So I have had a chance to play with this and it is going to be absolutely perfect for what I need - If anything, I took a risk with it for $90 but it is actually a lot more than it lets on.

So, What scenarios is this add-on absolutely perfect? Well for me - my Niche is Funko POP Collectibles. I wanted to be able to have members be able to buy / sell between each other. This means the items being sold are "Fixed catalogue" items. As in, there is a set number of products etc.

What this allows me to do, is add the Catalogue of products (The entire funkoPOP range - ITS GOING TO TAKE AGES HAHA!) And then other sellers can literally click - SELL THIS ITEM.

At this point, they can determine their own pricing. Basically, Marketplace allows you to have your own equivalent of G2A.com - It's absolutely spot on for my needs.

Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean.

So I added a Product to the inventory. Now I've added it, People can now "Buy it" or Sell it. It then shows a product description and lists the sellers of said product.
marketplace-demo.webp

So far, this is bang on. The one question I have is. If I am sold out of said item (I only have one) will I vanish from the sellers list. My concern is, the sellers list will get massive.

The one question I have is. If I am sold out of said item (I only have one) will I vanish from the sellers list. My concern is, the sellers list will get massive.
Currently nothing happens (just tested) which is a bug. Once I come up with a logic on what it should do I would let you know :)

Currently nothing happens (just tested) which is a bug. Once I come up with a logic on what it should do I would let you know :)

That's OK. The site I am working on will be in development for at least a few months I expect.

The question I have is - I want to set the products up (Effectively create a catalogue of products that people will sell. The problem I have is, to create the item, it states I am selling one (Which I may not be for the whole range) - Is there a way I can list the products so the catalogue is there for people to select if they wish to SELL, without me having to be selling one myself?

As it stands right now, it would require custom development.

Ahhhh! So close to being like my absolute dream plugin out of the box. If it could do that, it would literally be PERFECT for my needs. Absolutely perfect. Is this something you'd consider adding as a feature? I'd happily make a nice donation your way.

Also - there is another bug.

Pricing changes do not update. I tried switching the product to 00.1p to test purchasing, and although it shows as a pricing change, it does not update the price of the item.

Also - there is another bug.

Pricing changes do not update. I tried switching the product to 00.1p to test purchasing, and although it shows as a pricing change, it does not update the price of the item.
Bug reports should be posted on my site :) bug reports in this thread is something I don't keep track of :)

Yes will need PayPal. What do you mean by shipping? Shipping Speed or Shipping Address?
Not anyone have paypal.
Ah, so it is paypal only. Many of my users pay face to face or via bank or post transfer.
by shipping I mean shipping, that is what you call Shipping speed.
many of users dont ship their items cause they are pick up only.
Interesting addon, but in jaws of limitations for my need.

Has the name of your company changed from Reckons Team to Tekku?

Is the paypal for payment the same one, the one owned by some guy named <redacted>?

Will Reckons Team or Tekku be providing support for this product?

How long will support be provided for $90?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support is provided for people with active license. You can check the renewals here : https://tekku.xyz/marketplace/reckons-team-marketplace.1/. Bear in mind that the pricing right now is only for those people who adapt before this add-on gets marked as final release. Payments needs to be directly made via marketplace installed on Tekku.

So only way to sell /make payments right now is Paypal right ? Do you think there will be any other options available in near future . I am so bummed and stuck here due to just few features.

Top Bottom