Recent Posts 2 by Siropu

Recent Posts 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.0.10

No permission to buy (€9.99)
@Siropu

Is the a way, for link to post, which was read already to refer to latest post instead of first?

I know I can click on date, but many times I want to go back to latest post, and I click the title, to the topic I read already, and it refers me to first post.

1605789587824.webp

@Siropu thanks for the support in this thread. :)

is there a way for the sidebar to show quotes and thumbnail images, like the old XF1.5 Widget Framework recent posts sidebar?

Just updated my forum to 2.2 from 1.5 and users are missing that feature.

thanks in advance

example attached
Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 3.06.14 PM.webp

is there a way for the sidebar to show quotes and thumbnail images, like the old XF1.5 Widget Framework recent posts sidebar?
With some small template changes, yes. But the issue is that it will display the entire post content so it can become very large.

In the siropu_recent_posts_macros template replace:

link('threads' . (($thread.isUnread() AND $options.link_to_first_unread) ? '/unread' : ''), $thread)
With:
link('threads/unread', $thread)
nice one....i didnt realize this was the default....any chance to get that into an option so we wont have to hack the template each upgrade?

regards

With some small template changes, yes. But the issue is that it will display the entire post content so it can become very large.

Is there a way to include quote formatting and thumbnail images from the latest reply? That's how the WF widget worked.

This add-on shows quoted text but it's combined with text from the latest post.

Last edited:
Go to siropu_recent_posts_macros template and replace:

Code:
<xf:if is="$options.post_excerpt AND ($xf.visitor.hasNodePermission($thread.node_id, 'viewContent') || !$options.post_excerpt_permission)">
                    <div class="siropuRecentPostsExcerpt">{{ snippet($thread.LastPost.message, $options.post_excerpt_length, {'stripBbCode': true}) }}</div>
                </xf:if>
With:
Code:
<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.hasNodePermission($thread.node_id, 'viewContent')">
<div class="siropuRecentPostsExcerpt">{{ bb_code_snippet($thread.LastPost.message, 'post', '$thread.LastPost', {
                    'attachments': $thread.LastPost.attach_count ? $thread.LastPost.Attachments : [],
                    'viewAttachments': $thread.canViewAttachments(),
                    'post': $thread.LastPost
               }) }}</div>

Go to siropu_recent_posts_macros template and replace:

Code:
<xf:if is="$options.post_excerpt AND ($xf.visitor.hasNodePermission($thread.node_id, 'viewContent') || !$options.post_excerpt_permission)">
                    <div class="siropuRecentPostsExcerpt">{{ snippet($thread.LastPost.message, $options.post_excerpt_length, {'stripBbCode': true}) }}</div>
With:
Code:
<xf:if is="$xf.visitor.hasNodePermission($thread.node_id, 'viewContent')">
<div class="siropuRecentPostsExcerpt">{{ bb_code_snippet($thread.LastPost.message, 'post', '$thread.LastPost', {
                    'attachments': $thread.LastPost.attach_count ? $thread.LastPost.Attachments : [],
                    'viewAttachments': $thread.canViewAttachments(),
                    'post': $thread.LastPost
               }) }}</div>
Thank you as well @Siropu, is there a way to remove quotes only?

Top Bottom