MG 1.1 Recent media update frequency

jauburn

I've noticed that the "recent media" block on my forum takes a very long time to update with a thumbnail of the most recently added media item.

How long does it take? And is there a way to reduce the latency? Thanks.

The recent media block should be updated instantly.

The exception to this is if you're using a third party system for displaying it as a widget, in which case that would be down to that system's caching mechanism.

Ah, there's a "recent media categories" chooser in the Options panel. Do I have to select everything to make it work? What happens if I select "no categories"? All?

You have to select the categories you want to pull media from. If you select none or select "No Categories" then recent media will not come from any categories.

You have to select the categories you want to pull media from. If you select none or select "No Categories" then recent media will not come from any categories.

Thanks. What happens when a new category is added? Do I have to go back into the Options screen every time and specifically select that new category? Couldn't an option for "all" simply be offered, one that would cover existing and new categories?

Top Bottom