Not a bug Recent Comments Sidebar Widget not showing the commenter's avatar (but the media uploader's)

Freelancer

I don't know if this is intentional but the "Recent Comments" sidebar block shows the avatar of the user who uploaded the media instead of the the user that made the recent comment. This is somehow irritating when you think you have commented your own media.

That doesn't appear to be the case here.

Can you confirm the issue on the latest version of XFMG with all add-ons disabled?

upload_2017-5-6_11-48-39.webp

The second comment here is by @Kirk but the media belongs to @Gemma.

Actually I wasn't aware (and therefore did not mention) that it seems to work on MEDIA INDEX, but where it does not work is in a CHILD category...

Main Category
----Child

When you have the recent comments sidebar for media items in child categories and child child etc categories, it seems to not work.

Still working fine here. Are you using the latest version of XFMG? Have you confirmed the issue with all add ons disabled?

Hmmm... indeed. I use the latest versions of all. I could not test it yet without other add-ons since it is a live site. I will do asap when I can shut it down for a short period (when there is less traffic).

Might be able to get away with just disabling any gallery related add ons in the first instance, assuming you have any.

I wouldn't expect a non Gallery add on to cause this.

Might also be worth checking your Customized Components list in the Admin CP. Check to see if any relevant templates have been modified and revert those ones (you might want to back up those templates first).

Top Bottom