XFMG: When viewing an individual media item, should the 'below content' area be under just the comments instead of including the sidebar?

Kevin

OK, not necessarily a bug, maybe more of a 'template annoyance' that may or may not have been intentionally done. 🤔

With 2.1 B4 I created a new ad in the position of 'Container content: below'. In most spots of the site the ad appears below the main content area. For pages that have a sidebar the ad appears below the main content area and not the sidebar. When viewing an individual media item though the ad appears at the bottom of the entire page meaning it appears below the sidebar containing the image info. I'm thinking that the ad should really be appearing under the comment section instead of the entire page, else it leaves a huge gap of whitespace not consistent with other pages.

Attached are two pics that show, for example, how the ad appears on the XFMG home page versus viewing an individual item.

PS: I'm coming across this in XF 2.1 - I don't have any others installs that are running ads so I don't know if the same thing happens there.

Attachments

• Bottom of Media View.webp
    Bottom of Media View.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Media Home Page.webp
    Media Home Page.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 11
The sidebar here isn't actually a sidebar in the traditional sense. If it were, then it would stretch from the very top of the page down to the very bottom and therefore encroach horizontally on the media.

We made a design decision for the media page that the "sidebar" should actually be inside the main content area so that the media itself can be above it and fill the screen horizontally.

So it's really just a special case here and just expected.

Top Bottom