1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 ReCAPTCHA (No CAPTCHA) connection error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by vbuser, Dec 5, 2015.

1. vbuser

vbuser Active Member

This error is occurring more often but not always.

Erro Info
    Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: ReCAPTCHA (No CAPTCHA) connection error: Unable to Connect to ssl://www.google.com:443. Error #101: Network is unreachable - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
    Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 1:24 AM
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/*********/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('www.google.com', 443, true)
    #1 /home/*********/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Captcha/NoCaptcha.php(76): Zend_Http_Client->request()
    #2 /home/*********/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Captcha/Abstract.php(129): XenForo_Captcha_NoCaptcha->isValid(Array)
    #3 /home/*********/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(355): XenForo_Captcha_Abstract::validateDefault(Object(XenForo_Input))
    #4 /home/*********/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
    #5 /home/*********/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #6 /home/*********/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #7 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(60) "http://*****.com/forum/index.php?register/register"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
      ["register/register"] => string(0) ""
      ["_POST"] => array(17) {
      ["username"] => string(7) "RomanKl"
      ["9b87d0b29a1599d61ef3b8c8b6e1693d"] => string(7) "RomanKl"
      ["6f3aa8f86c35f7472d87adfcea25c716"] => string(18) "williamfek@mail.ru"
      ["password"] => string(8) "********"
      ["7a4b67c63dc0164a89acaeaf932b7df4"] => string(0) ""
      ["dob_month"] => string(2) "10"
      ["dob_day"] => string(2) "10"
      ["dob_year"] => string(4) "1986"
      ["location"] => string(45) "интернет ставки на спорт"
      ["*********"] => string(16) "Asia/Novosibirsk"
      ["g-recaptcha-response"] => string(17) "sbrill temptation"
      ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
      ["submit"] => string(7) "Sign up"
      ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
      ["reg_key"] => string(32) "*******("
      ["recaptcha_challenge_field"] => string(228) "********"
      ["recaptcha_response_field"] => string(17) "sbrill temptation"
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That would be an issue with your network stack and outgoing connections. If it's happening with any regularity, you may want to contact your host regarding it.
    vbuser likes this.
  3. vbuser

vbuser Active Member

I've contacted my host provider and they replied with this:
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I would disagree with their understanding of how this works here.

The point in which this is erroring is way after the captcha itself has been completed by the user. Once the captcha is completed by the user, a response is sent back to the client; this part doesn't touch your own server. It's only when the form (e.g. the registration form) is submitted that the response is verified. It's this verification that is failing as described by Mike. The error suggests the request to verify the captcha isn't even reaching Google.
  5. vbuser

vbuser Active Member

My provider said the could not replicate the error. Neither could I.
    php -r "if(stream_socket_client('ssl://www.google.com:443')) echo 'SSL OK';" SSL OK >> curl -I https://google.com:443 HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently Location: https://www.google.com/ Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 01:17:29 GMT Expires: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 01:17:29 GMT Cache-Control: public, max-age=2592000 Server: gws Content-Length: 220 X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN Alternate-Protocol: 443:quic,p=0 Alt-Svc: clear
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

If the issue is no longer happening, and can no longer be replicated, then it confirms our suspicion that it was a temporary or at least an intermittent issue. Ideally your hosts would need to be attempting to debug the issue when it is actually erroring.
    vbuser likes this.