1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by BamaStangGuy, Oct 11, 2010.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

If I change the dimensions of my thumbnails, which I want to do now, I need a way to rebuild all my old ones to the new dimensions.
    MattW, 0ptima, Wyrmblight and 14 others like this.
  2. Cujo

Cujo Member

I am looking for this feature as well. I converted from SMF to XenForo through phpBB3 (site is not live yet) and my thumbnails look off. Would like to correct them.
    Corwin likes this.
  3. optrex

optrex Active Member

I'm looking to rebuild or recreate thumbnails
  4. Corwin

Corwin Member

Is there any chance that you will provide us with an option or a tool to rebuild thumbnails for attachments? Maybe there are any script which can make that. I have same problem like Cujo, after migration a large part of thumbnails looks awful.
  5. BamaStangGuy

6. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

7. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

can this not be done with a sql command? I woudl be also very much interested in this...
  8. BamaStangGuy

Please please please. I need to rebuild my attachments on many forums because of various changes during imports and other things over the last year.
    Bob likes this.
  9. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

Oh man I wish I saw this before. I made such a script 3 or so months ago. Will look into releasing it tomorrow.
    Adam Howard, BamaStangGuy and Bob like this.
  10. BamaStangGuy

That would be fantastic

Can this realistically not make it into 1.2? Rebuilding attachments and avatars are a huge deal. Especially since most of your customers are coming from other forum software.
  11. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Was this ever released?
  12. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

No, I've been super busy. It's on my todo list but I'm not sure when I'll get to it. To be honest I think I want to rewrite parts of it if I'm going to release it, as it comes with a few caveats and was written specifically for my use case.
  13. BamaStangGuy

Needs to be default. :)
    Adam Howard, nrep and Jeremy P like this.
  14. Francesco V.

Francesco V. Active Member

i need it too. I migrated but i forgot to set a decent thumbnail size. Now i have all micro thumb in the xenforo forum :(
  15. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member