Allow hiding attachment thumbnails from guests

Hausmeista

I want to be able to hide attachment thumbnails from guests.

It's very useful, but it just hides the pictures. Search engines such as Google still show these images on the net. Even in forum applications in 2002, I was able to hide all attachments. It doesn't matter if it's full screen or just thumbnail. There are many users who like to post pictures with me, but even on the thumbnails you can still see private things. That's not good. It would be better if guests could be denied access to all images. Many people have already addressed this topic on Xenforo.com.
The issue also affects images that are attached and not inserted as thumbnails or full images.
I'm going to spend some money and look for someone to completely block all attachments for guests, as if the forum was private. I don't know how much it costs. $50 and up. The safety of the users is worth it to me. It's just a pity that in 2004 even wbblite could do something like that

Example of a hidden preview image

2.webp3.webppic2.webp

Are the folder rights on FTP changed during the Xenforo update in the admin area? My folder had rights 777
I changed the permissions today to data folder 755 and the images are gone from the network.

Error fixed for folder data on apache. Topic can be deleted normally

Thanks @Painbaker @Ozzy47 It goes

Last edited:
Top Bottom