Lack of interest Realtime / Autoupdate Alerts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think it would be good as an option, which can be turned on or off, for these people more concerned about saving resources

Is a great idea, but it would slow down the site
if we have a way to get around that.
I am going to love XF for sure :p

I readed a post from kier that said that this is not possible since that FB uses a continuos download system to do that that is not avaible in mosts of non-dedicated boxes.
However i still think this to be a great feature.

maybe check every 5 or 10 seconds, for new messages ( or based on admin input ) would help the request to adjust to the site's size

It would be nice if alerts refreshed on tab/document focus (not sure if they do already?), but continuous refresh is overkill.

Can you make the red alert signal appear WITHOUT doing a refresh? Sometimes I leave the xenforo in a window and when I return I have no way to know if I have replies in my alerts unless I do a refresh or click on that "alerts" link. Is there a way to make the red thing appear even without a refresh? That way it's instant and more intuitive?

Oh wow thanks! I hope this makes it into the core on the next update! If they do put it in, hopefully running this plugin when the upgrade comes, won't conflict it or cause errors if I forget to remove it.

I'm fairly sure this has already been suggested a few times.

I'll see if I can I find the original thread.

hopefully running this plugin when the upgrade comes, won't conflict it or cause errors if I forget to remove it.

You don't actually have your forum account associated with your user account so you won't have access to the customer forums and therefore won't be able to download that add-on.

Why don't allow for forum admin a "realtime alerts option" (like facebook)? (I'm sorry if this suggestion is already made; i don't found this...)

Top Bottom