Lack of interest Realtime / Autoupdate Alerts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Uhh... check your XenForo bar NOW!. (I mean in a few secs.. I will send you a PC and then you will see the light... ;))

I was thinking about this today. It'd be nice to have this for both alerts and PCs. It could be combined into a single number, or differentiated with a slash ("3/1" = 3 alerts, 1 PC) or something.
You mean like how ip.chat does it?

notifications.webp

?

That said though .. I browse around enough and feel involved on this ( a xf forum ) site, that I didn't first realize it wasn't ajax updated. Goin to new content, or a friends profile, or updating a thread, etc .. it shows the alert in the top - and Then you have time to address it .. So it's all good with me. But yeah, an option to turn it on, so when you are idle on the ajax (plz!) news feed page, any alert incoming will show up after say 5 minutes .. even that would make being part of an active community worth it. I can totally see myself in the backend working on the site, with the news feed active on second monitor, getting an alert that the PM i was waiting for has arrived .. oh man! that would be so nice.
Someone can create a mod that displays a bottom taskbar or something. That toolbar/taskbar can have this type of thing implemented. Ive seen it done on other sites.
Im not a huge fan of sites with bottom bars like that, but sometimes they work, when they arent stuffed with too much stuff.

Hey guys,

I have been thinking, and I would like a feature like in facebook that in the title is standing (3) after the title which indicated the amount of alerts.

If not standard, I'll make it as a Modification :D

E.g. Instead of
Code:
<title>XenForo Community</title>

Code:
<title>XenForo Community (3)</title>

Of course the (x) shouldn't show if you're not logged in or if you don't have alerts.

Top Bottom