XF 1.5 Re-read EXIF Orientation tag of attachments

I mistakenly had the exif PHP extension disabled on my forums for a while, and in the meantime several images had been uploaded as attachments to posts. I have since enabled the exif extension, and new image attachments are being displayed properly.

Image attachments that were uploaded while the exif extension was disabled are still being displayed non-rotated within threads, but if I browse to the image URL directly, my browser shows the image rotated, and if I download the image and open it with an image editor, I can see that it has an Orientation tag other than Top left (Right top, in the case of this particular image I'm looking at).

Is there a way to get those image attachments to display rotated within posts, (other than actually rotating the images themselves and resetting the Orientation tag to Top left)? I tried running Admin -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild EXIF Data (although maybe that's only for XFMG) and Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails to see if either of those helped, but they didn't.

Here is an example post on my forums with an affected image attached to it:

I'm running:
XenForo 1.5.23 (although I hope to upgrade straight to 2.1 sooner rather than later, after it's released)
XenForo Media Gallery 1.1.17
IIS on Windows Server 2019
PHP 7.2.13 non-thread-safe x64, via FastCGI
Imagick PECL Extension 3.4.3 for PHP 7.2 non-thread-safe x64
ImageMagick 7.0.7-11 x64
ImageMagick PECL Extension selected as the Default Image Processor in XenForo Admin -> Home -> Options -> Attachments

Thanks!

There isn't any way to change this short of reuploading the attachments so that they get rotated at upload time.
OK, thanks for the answer. There isn't really a ton of them so I might just do that.
Oh yes, thanks for the suggestion; I actually tried that. It solved the problem of the wrong rotation as shown in the posts, but then they show rotated too much if you opened the image separately (I guess the Orientation tag is still there after rotation, so the browser rotates it again when displaying), although that's probably not a huge problem.

Top Bottom