1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCNitroTalk.com moves from vB to Xenforo!

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by WoodiE, Sep 3, 2014.

1. WoodiE

WoodiE Well-Known Member

Figured it was about time to posted here. My forum: http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/

The website is a place for Radio Controlled enthusiasts of all types, cars, trucks, air, water, on road and off road! Since the start of the site more than 12 years ago we've been running vBulletin all the way up to the "latest" vBulletin 3.8.x version. That was up until about week ago when we migrated from vBulletin to Xenforo - now running XF 1.4 rc2.

The front page, www.rcnitrotalk.com, is running Wordpress and will soon be getting updated to match the forum look more closely.

The default XF looks to plain for my liking and I wanted a design that somewhat matched my old style as to not throw the members into complete shock so I hired @Russ and @Steve F from the PixelExit team to design a style for RCNT that gives the site a much needed face lift while still maintaining a similar look and I think they've certainly hit the nail on the head and did a great job!

The reception from the members have been greatly positive with only a few people not liking the bright look which I was able to resolve giving them a "dark style" to use instead. Now everyone is happy! :D

Critiques and comments are certainly welcomed!

Brandon Sheley, Russ and Steve F like this.
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Pleasure working with you :D, site came out great, can't wait to see what you do with the homepage.

theraptor and WoodiE like this.
  3. flitigalisa

flitigalisa Active Member

I don't know squat about the subjects but I do like the look and feel of the forum. Well done :D

Russ likes this.
  4. WoodiE

WoodiE Well-Known Member

Thank you for the comment!

5. BoostN

BoostN Active Member

Looks great! R/C Quadcopter fan myself.

6. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I love the navigation; the logo appears and disappears without switching to a different logo (like UI.X).

7. WoodiE

WoodiE Well-Known Member

Which quadcopter do you fly? I just emailed my LHS yesterday about a price on the Blade QX2. This would be my first "air" anything. :D

@Russ and @Steve F has done an awesome job on the navigation for sure!

8. BoostN

BoostN Active Member

Blade 350QX.. love it so far! This was mine to, so far so good :)

9. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

Nice work! Love the style, good job @Russ !

I just got introduced to the quadcopter mania, but I find it difficult to explain what the level of engagement will be after the first couple of flights - I think i might just get bored. :confused:

10. WoodiE

WoodiE Well-Known Member

@Dakis thanks for the comment. What quad did you end up buying?

11. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

I didn't buy one yet, that's why I'm saying I'm battling with the "what happens after the first few flights" question :D