XF 2.2 Export from VB to here

Davsas76

Hi,

Just set up the forums, then exported all data from old VB forums, but now when every any one posts, it goes to the moderation queue, im not sure where the setting is to stop this? Any help please

Just set up the forums, then exported all data from old VB forums
More often than not when importing from vbulletin it's a good idea to start over with permissions. And definitely make sure Regisered is primary group for all users, and any other groups are all secondary.

So you might have registered set with whatever the base permissions should be. Maybe needing moderation, but then have a promotion so that anyone with x posts (in my case one is fine) gets promoted to a group who has permission to post with moderation.

Or however you want to do it.

See here:

(it's different to vbulletin)

More often than not when importing from vbulletin it's a good idea to start over with permissions. And definitely make sure Regisered is primary group for all users, and any other groups are all secondary.

So you might have registered set with whatever the base permissions should be. Maybe needing moderation, but then have a promotion so that anyone with x posts (in my case one is fine) gets promoted to a group who has permission to post with moderation.

Or however you want to do it.

See here:

(it's different to vbulletin)
thats great, yes it was set up like that on VB, only confusing thing is, one of my admins posted and it went to mod, and he is well established on the forums. Would this be in the user group settings?

Permissions are designed to build on top of each other, starting with the Registered user group.

Set it to No for that group, and set it to Yes for the group you want to be able to post freely.

If you want to do it for one or two members only, set it to Never for their own individual permissions.

sorry for all the questions. Can i set for one group, then copy them to others?
No, permissions don't work like that.

I would recommend reading the following:

and looked in options, but how do i set which group new joiners go to please?
All new members are in the Registered user group as the primary.
That cannot be changed.

After vBulletin it took me a while to grasp the system, but when the lightbulb suddenly came on I realised how much simpler and more elegant a system it is.

Top Bottom