RCNitroTalk.com moves from vB to Xenforo!

WoodiE

Figured it was about time to posted here. My forum: http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/

The website is a place for Radio Controlled enthusiasts of all types, cars, trucks, air, water, on road and off road! Since the start of the site more than 12 years ago we've been running vBulletin all the way up to the "latest" vBulletin 3.8.x version. That was up until about week ago when we migrated from vBulletin to Xenforo - now running XF 1.4 rc2.

The front page, www.rcnitrotalk.com, is running Wordpress and will soon be getting updated to match the forum look more closely.

The default XF looks to plain for my liking and I wanted a design that somewhat matched my old style as to not throw the members into complete shock so I hired @Russ and @Steve F from the PixelExit team to design a style for RCNT that gives the site a much needed face lift while still maintaining a similar look and I think they've certainly hit the nail on the head and did a great job!

The reception from the members have been greatly positive with only a few people not liking the bright look which I was able to resolve giving them a "dark style" to use instead. Now everyone is happy! :D

Critiques and comments are certainly welcomed!

I love the navigation; the logo appears and disappears without switching to a different logo (like UI.X).

Nice work! Love the style, good job @Russ !

I just got introduced to the quadcopter mania, but I find it difficult to explain what the level of engagement will be after the first couple of flights - I think i might just get bored. :confused:

I didn't buy one yet, that's why I'm saying I'm battling with the "what happens after the first few flights" question :D

Top Bottom