Random Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @DRE is contagious , I keep having all these custom add-on ideas in my head after seeing all he has sponsored:P

Reactions: DRE
Hell yeah I finally got promoted content working the way I want and I think it's AWESOME! It's my favorite resource so far.

I love it so much I put it in my sig.

I read that thread and was going to suggest to that author if he could build a promote poll to sideblock as a standalone add-on (like xfrocks promote poll in his framework).

Oh for crying out loud....

One of my little pet peeves is when things go wrong, which are outside of my control or influence, but I'm still held accountable despite having done nothing wrong.

For example....

Some jerk was driving like a crazy person through my neighbourhood and took out several telephone poles in the process. As a result my internet is now so spotty and slow, its unbearable. Took 25 minutes to download 1 add-on and 5 tries to submit a PM to someone. :cry:

I'm confused as to why you are spending more money on an add-on to get its features to work. Shouldn't that be left to the developer instead? And if there is an issue, why not rate them appropriately in the Resource Manager to let other prospective purchasers know?
I thought about it and your right because after I rated Better Blogs a negative rating, Rigel came out of Xenforo retirement (he retired because he felt he didn't need to do anything if there was no roadmap during the lawsuit) to fix some of the blog's issues I reported. The issues I have with XI Blog are just as bad so I gave XI Blogs Beta 4 a 2 star rating. In my current experience it's been a huge step down from LN Blogs. Maybe the blog author is busy with school or something I don't know. I normally don't give negative ratings but if it's a paid product and I'm spending my hard-earned money then that's like a whole different ball game. I need to remind myself to separate the free from the paid. Paid resources are held to different standards. As consumers we have sorta have a responsibility to let others know the pitfalls they may run into.

My project for this month is to do my logo in CSS. I shouldn't have to use an actual image if it is nothing but one number, 4 letters, a circle, some colors and shadow.

Standing watching the two stepsons on a rollercoaster with our younger kids... Roastercoaster eases to a stop at the top of the incline, everything quiet... then hear two voices scream out "OH MY GOD, we're going to DIIIEEEEE" just before it drops off the edge onto its downward run.... hyseterical laughter from everyone standing around..... yeah that's my stepsons tormenting the masses :D

My project for this month is to do my logo in CSS. I shouldn't have to use an actual image if it is nothing but one number, 4 letters, a circle, some colors and shadow.

Shouldn't be hard. CSS3 support is at the point where you're better off dropping support for older browsers that don't support it, or provide an exemption include.

Reactions: DRE
And what exactly plagues your lifeline to the outside world, Mr. Howard?
Adam, please. Or if you prefer Adam Howard or Sir. But never, Mr.

Thanks in advance :)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/random-thoughts.32789/page-140#post-608798

My digital connection to the outside world via Internet has been acting poorly since some "crazy nut job" took it upon themselves to drive like a "crazy nut job" through my neighbourhood. They took out a few telephone poles and some sort of "metal box" that sits next to the side walk (not sure what that is).

The end result is my Internet has been mostly offline and when I do have service its been "spotty" and slow (took almost 1 hour to download a photo).

My solution (for now) is to bum off of one of my neighbour's wireless signal. But even that is super slow seeing how far they are and given they're using an old B type wireless router. Of course that is also spotty given both the connection type and distance.

Adam, you're old enough to be my son. I'm not calling you sir.

Can't you get cable through your... cable provider? DSL has always been crap around here and the only choices are FiOS, UVerse or my cable provider, which beats the former two by a long shot in terms of speed, bandwidth, availability and price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom