Random Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work on my forum every day and there's always something broke and I'm the reason for 1/4th of that, 1/4th is addons, 1/4th is just random weird errors, the other 1/4th is either my browser or server acting up.

Should've stuck with regular ole FREE LN Blogs. Spent $140 on Better Blogs with Multisite. That didn't work out. Spent $35 for XI Blogs. $50 on a Better Blogs to Threads Importer. $50 on a threads to XI Blogs Importer. (Didn't choose Better Blogs to XI Blogs or visa versa because I am running my site through the Xenforo Importer after Kier fixes it) $25 on promoted blogs slider... and now privacy settings for XI Blogs don't work even though XI Blogs itself has not been modified in any way whatsoever. There's no option to view snippets of the latest blogs on the blog home index. There's not even a recent blogs comment widget. So $300 later I'm realizing I should've either A. Stuck with LN Blogs or B. Wordpress Integration. Those options are cheap. I was so frugal back then. After all these mistakes, I don't feel wiser at all. I still want to turn XenMediaGallery to blogs.

A noob told me she thinks there's too much going on in my forum home page.

I have 3 blocks on the left, and 8 blocks in the sidebar.

Trying to think of a neat way to reduce them.

Alright... I'm getting desperate. Looking at turning XenGallery to blogs instead now. :LOL:

Just a simple observation DRE (don't take it the wrong way, I like to change things as much as you)....

You ever think that doing all of this has lead you to the situation you are in? Extending add-ons to do something that aren't capable of doing...?

I just want stuff to work as advertised. When modifications work for others but don't work for me, I will find a solution, even if I have to pull it out my arse.

I just want stuff to work as advertised. When modifications work for others but don't work for me, I will find a solution, even if I have to pull it out my arse.
Not sure when galleries have been advertised as working as blogs :D

What doesn't work as advertised? Are you referring to a particular add-on?

What doesn't work as advertised? Are you referring to a particular add-on?
A generalization, not singling anyone out. If not all the features work, I will try to get them to work up to a point then I'll have to give up for spending too much time, money and effort on it.

A generalization, not singling anyone out. If not all the features work, I will try to get them to work up to a point then I'll have to give up for spending too much time, money and effort on it.

You'll need to come to terms and realize just like I did with my xF Facebook app I been building. Most mods are made with very general format boards in mind. They aren't created with heavy custom modding to them in mind.

I'm confused as to why you are spending more money on an add-on to get its features to work. Shouldn't that be left to the developer instead? And if there is an issue, why not rate them appropriately in the Resource Manager to let other prospective purchasers know?

You'll need to come to terms and realize just like I did with my xF Facebook app I been building. Most mods are made with very general format boards in mind. They aren't created with heavy custom modding to them in mind.
My goals aren't lofty though. I just want most of the same modifications and features that were on vBulletin 4, on my Xenforo site. For each modification or feature that doesn't exist, I will pay someone to code because I can't code or design everything myself. Toward my goal of getting my site to match feature-wise to my old vBulletin site, I have spent lots of time and money towards the development of resources which are now mostly public for all by me or other resources authors, for paid or free, so I don't see why I should back down when I'm getting er done, however slowly as she goes...

I'm confused as to why you are spending more money on an add-on to get its features to work. Shouldn't that be left to the developer instead? And if there is an issue, why not rate them appropriately in the Resource Manager to let other prospective purchasers know?
There are certain addons I spend more time on getting to work the way I want because I enjoy using them. For instance, I love blogging. I write a lot, so naturally I would like it if I could write comfortably with no issues in the same manner as I would if I had a wordpress blog. Can't do that right now with any of the blogs unless I modify them and I cannot wait for them to fix those issues because some features I've asked for, I've asked for over half a year ago. So no... I won't wait any longer. 6 months is too many, I'll pay someone else to implement the features I need.

slow_steam.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom