1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Random Errors

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by CollinL, Mar 29, 2014.

1. CollinL

CollinL Member

Hi, I've been messing around with developing a forums website, www.vsc.org. I am a Xenforo noob. I want to fix all site bugs before I do anything with the site -- which I've been working on intermittently for a few weeks.

After a long struggle to get the pages to load in full HTTPS and have no shield on Chrome (warning of unsafe scripts), I have a few more issues on my site that I can't seem to fix. I hired an nginx expert that made the site's backend very good, and he claims there's nothing wrong with the nginx configuration. I believe him especially because the exact same configuration works fine on other Xenforo sites. I am using the Legendary theme for Xenforo 1.3 by pixelexit.

Anyway, when I click on a profile picture or move my mouse over "INBOX" or "ALERTS" section of the site, I get "The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console." Again, I am almost positive this is an issue with me misconfiguring Xenforo, not a web server configuration issue.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. If you're feeling kind enough to assist me with this, I ask that you please explain anything I should do in a fair amount of detail so that I do not get confused. Thanks!
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you get the error from the JavaScript console (if you are in chrome, right click and choose inspect element, than choose Console)?
  3. CollinL

CollinL Member

This is what happens. [​IMG]
  4. CollinL

CollinL Member

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member