XF 2.2 Custom thread fields - Random error

webbouk

I've got a node which is set up as a Classifieds forum where members can list items for sale etc. It's worked very well until recently and now it's developed a random error which I can't repeat but some members have reported.
Basically the error relates to the use of 'Custom thread fields'.

A required field (Location:) is set to match the following requirements: A-Z, 0-9, and _ only
The random error is that for some reason the field entry is not accepted with an error tip saying 'Please match the format requested'
(Please see screenshot below)

When reported it isn't a specific word/place, several different ones have created the error. There is nothing in the 'censored words' that might be similar so that rules that out.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to look for next?

1696767479845.png

Just to add, the member that used the location 'Warrington' posted several adverts with the same location and no issues. Then one failed.
Repeated attempts failed, but later that day the advert was placed and the error was no more - like I posted, random.

Not that I'm aware of and it shouldn't make a difference either way....

Value match requirements: Empty values are always allowed

Edit: I've just retested it with a space at the end and that was the cause

Is it possible to add an exception to allow a space?

Last edited:
I've just edited the above: I've just retested it with a space at the end and that was the cause. Is it possible to add an exception to allow a space?

Top Bottom