Rahstyles.net - Your Vip Source For Off Topic Discussions!

Also, not to gang up on you but get rid of the popups begging people to join. I would never join any forum with annoying popups begging me.

Yes. One pop up notification may be fine on established forums but there are two notifications that need to be dismissed. If I find a great forum after reading some posts, I'll join without being prompted. Actually, being prompted to join takes away from me getting into the forum to decide if I want to join. Agreed on the splash screen. It's one more click that I might not make to get to your content.

I paid 40 bucks for that mod... theres only suppoed to be 1 pop up... if theres 2 then his mods fed up ... cause I set the other to valid users only

You need to adjust your responsive set-up -it's too narrow on a tablet in portrait view. Also on a phone it's too wide, you need to scroll horizontally as well as vertically.

I agree, get rid of the splash screen, they are so 20th century.

The notification add-on is "fed up"? I presume that would be short for "****ed up"?

Thanks. Next time you need help with it, don't PM me. You've lost that particular right now :)

The double notifications thing?

upload_2014-7-20_9-50-24.webp

Did I not tell you about my buy one get one free deal? Yeah. You set up a notification, then my code magically sets up a completely different, second notification 100% free.

No. Wait. You've set up two different notifications. Seems like only you fed up there.

(Solution: Valid users will apply to logged in users or guests. Because guests can be valid users too. Try changing it to "User is logged in")

upload_2014-7-20_9-53-31.webp

Also, not to gang up on you but get rid of the popups begging people to join. I would never join any forum with annoying popups begging me.

Yes. One pop up notification may be fine on established forums but there are two notifications that need to be dismissed. If I find a great forum after reading some posts, I'll join without being prompted. Actually, being prompted to join takes away from me getting into the forum to decide if I want to join.

If done correctly (ie only one notice), it actually is a very effective way of boosting registration. See for yourselves here:
https://theadminzone.com/threads/improving-registration-rates.108134/

I like the general layout of your forums the theme is pretty cool however. I dislike the splash page. Get rid of it. It's tacky and people won't join because of it.

If done correctly (ie only one notice), it actually is a very effective way of boosting registration. See for yourselves here:
https://theadminzone.com/threads/improving-registration-rates.108134/
I still disagree. when i see even one popup im gone. Everyone online will do the same. If you are still getting signups then you must be requiring to register to access some recourse.

We can agree to disagree :)

In other words I am willing to bet that none of these signups will turn into long term quility members since they were basically forced into registering, i would have an attitude after that.

I still disagree. when i see even one popup im gone. Everyone online will do the same. If you are still getting signups then you must be requiring to register to access some recourse.

We can agree to disagree :)

In other words I am willing to bet that none of these signups will turn into long term quility members since they were basically forced into registering, i would have an attitude after that.

I beg to differ. More often than not the signups are not used PROPERLY. They should be SMALL (not in your face as you described) & contain a quick site update. For example, utilizing @Chris D amazing modification, we have a quick tasteful popup that automatically disappears that also does not impede on any content. It may also be dismissed at anytime.

I have no hate for a pop-up unless it starts singing to me or playing some godawful voice trying to tell me how to reach enlightenment.

popup.webp

Whys that?

The art is an eyesore. The colors clash. The chick has NOTHING to do with your site unless by VIP you mean strip club. If I came across that at work or hell even at home, I would have immediately clicked away. A splash page like that was cool back when MySpace was cool. If you still use myspace... keep the splash page.

The notification add-on is "fed up"? I presume that would be short for "****ed up"?

Thanks. Next time you need help with it, don't PM me. You've lost that particular right now :)

The double notifications thing?

View attachment 78240

Did I not tell you about my buy one get one free deal? Yeah. You set up a notification, then my code magically sets up a completely different, second notification 100% free.

No. Wait. You've set up two different notifications. Seems like only you fed up there.

(Solution: Valid users will apply to logged in users or guests. Because guests can be valid users too. Try changing it to "User is logged in")

View attachment 78241

Hey man i bought your mod so i supported you .. I was just kidding.. dont get mad

This might be an age thing (so feel free to ignore if you and your user base are 100% sure your forum is "cool") but... there's far too much stuff in the avatar/postbit area, it's a mass of stats. Take a look at this screen grab, there are only two lines of actual content in the entire browser screen and look at all the empty space:

Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 09.36.28.webp

The trend these days seems to be to hide stats and content you don't actually need to read on every thread (which Xenforo does by default until you manually add it all back in!).

Also, your graphic seems to say you're the "Vip sourse for offtopic", shouldn't that be source?

Other than that, good luck, always a tough niche to start-up in.

This might be an age thing (so feel free to ignore if you and your user base are 100% sure your forum is "cool") but... there's far too much stuff in the avatar/postbit area, it's a mass of stats. Take a look at this screen grab, there are only two lines of actual content in the entire browser screen and look at all the empty space:

View attachment 78528

The trend these days seems to be to hide stats and content you don't actually need to read on every thread (which Xenforo does by default until you manually add it all back in!).

Also, your graphic seems to say you're the "Vip sourse for offtopic", shouldn't that be source?

Other than that, good luck, always a tough niche to start-up in.

Acsually it does say with a C but it looks like a s..

The post bit thing ... I love it.. I love having all that stuff in the post bit... As a matterfact i asked for a addon that shows even more custom fields.. that pic you took was in the "trash" area cause he was being an ahole and spamming

Top Bottom