ragtek addons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aliens are not fun. I don't remember why, but somehow I saw Aliens in the theater when it came out when I was 10. Watching that movie when I was 10 traumatized me for life. I do not like aliens.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/
That franchise had the opposite affect on me. My Mom decided to take the kids to a movie. I was 9 years old at the time. She knew my brother & I were into sci-fi so she took us to a movie about aliens. It was 1979. Yes... I was 9 years old watching the original Alien movie. Once you see the chest burster scene on a huge screen at that age then pretty much nothing else will scare you after that. These days I actually pay close attention to those kinds of movies to check out the special effects.

Miko is selling his business (His reasons are his own, and none of anyone elses business). A requirement of the sale is that the new owner support the products for the duration of a persons license, so they'll still be supported.

To be fair, most have a pretty good idea why it's up for sale. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Is it the curse of being listed on the "Highest-Posting Members" page here? http://xenforo.com/community/members/

Floris goes "afk", removes the addons he made, makes his Twitter private and takes down xenfans.com for a couple weeks... then decides to put it back up in read-only mode.

Now Ragtek is AWOL, his site is sporadically up/down, his Twitter was deleted (or maybe just username changed), etc.

Coincidence? I think not! Both are listed on the highest-posting members here. It's "Disappearance Roulette"... who of the remaining 10 will be next? :)

xenforo.com.highest.posting.members.2012.webp

Nice to see xenfans.com back up, albeit in read only mode.

Miko, Floris and Ragtek were all male, European, Coders with their own support sites.
I heard xenfans.com, ragtek.org/xenforo and ThemesInc were all acquired by IB for an undisclosed amount of cash. (Just kidding !)

Who's next ? It would probably be me.
I'd be the only non-"Xenforo Insider" on the list.

I'm pretty sure if I discuss that xenforo.com needs to support developers more and I think I should be able to pay for addons through xenforo.com ... Brogan would be very happy to kick/ban me.

I'm not sure Miko, Floris and Ragtek's decisions have anything to do with each other.

I'm not sure Miko, Floris and Ragtek's decisions have anything to do with each other.

Very highly doubtful they are related in anyway what-so-ever. I can't really say anything here, I don't want to spill the beanz. Lets just say I think I've seen ragtek very recently, but not here. ;)

To be fair, most have a pretty good idea why it's up for sale. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
Only thing I can say is that it has to do with time constraints, anymore is Mikos business and he can share it if he wishes.

<==== my eyes bulged during the last probe !

Honestly you guys are so SENSITIVE about a little penetration.
Consider the tomcat in all his glory - which includes sticky out spines.
You see? Us ladies just take insertion in our stride. We even like it.

Reminds me of the days when we broke the rigid restrictions of Wicca which required people meeting in Circle to always stand/ sit alternately woman man woman man ... and so on.
When our lot bust those rules up in the 80s we just happily got together as persons.
One time we had a couple of guys as guests and at the end the customary kiss of peace was passed round. One newcomer guy looked at us when it was his turn with exaggerated horror! 'You mean I'm supposed to kiss HIM?"
We all nodded solemnly. He tentatively placed a quick peck on cheek - and leapt back as if stung.
'OOOO er he's all PRICKLY!'
As if rehearsed a chorus rose from every woman present in unison - laughing 'Now you know what it's like!'

Maybe you are assuming I (or anyone) knows what XenFan's "situation" is. But if someone takes down a site, generally I'd say they have something to do with it. :)

The only thing I know is people are abducted by aliens when they get to the "Highest-Posting Members" list here.
Crap... I'm still on that list...

*stops posting... preferably before they get me*

Only thing I can say is that it has to do with time constraints, anymore is Mikos business and he can share it if he wishes.

Link: https://flippa.com/2677557-themesinc-com-the-leading-provider-of-xenforo-skins

Take special note of the revenue earning graph over time. If that's anything to go by it's been on a very steep downward slope for months, also looking like the site won't be sold. Biggest offer is $100 (reserve is $2,800), it's only had 1 bid and there's only 10 days left to go from what I think was a "30 day auction" sale spotted before looking at it.

I've never used Flippa, so have no idea if that revenue earning graph is a requirment or not with them. Most likely is I would guess? But it's sure not doing the owner any favours trying to sell that site.

This thread is starting to drift into speculation about other members and their businesses.

If it carries on then it will be closed, as the others were.

I can say unequivocally that you are totally incorrect in your "assumption" as to why Miko is selling Gary, but do carry on, it's always entertaining watching you.

Well you've not read what I posted proper then, because at no point did I ever say "that was the reason" he's selling, only pointing out some things is what I did. Go re-read all my posts again is my advice for you, then come back and get it right second time around.

mrGTB said:
mrGTB said:
Take special note of the revenue earning graph over time. If that's anything to go by it's been on a very steep downward slope for months

Umm, yeah, whatever. Rather than discuss this with you I will continue to converse with the source for my information and not rumor-monger about it on various websites.

Umm, yeah, whatever. Rather than discuss this with you I will continue to converse with the source for my information and not rumor-monger about it on various websites.

So please tell me then in what you quoted, where I actually say that was the reason he's selling? All I did there was show that the site has not been doing well, nothing more and I never (on purpose) said that was the reason why. It isn't my place to do that and why I never did so.

Like I said before, come back a 3rd time now after reading it all again. Second thoughts, don't even bother because you'll only come to the same conclusion to suit yourself and I ain't wasting anymore time replying to you.

Anyway John, I've already read enough of your junk posted in Twitter about me over the months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom