Raffles for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

that's no problem, I only use just 1. Last question, is the currency automatically substracted? If so, does the transaction appear in the Credits Permium transaction list flagged as a Raffle spending?

that's no problem, I only use just 1. Last question, is the currency automatically substracted? If so, does the transaction appear in the Credits Permium transaction list flagged as a Raffle spending?
The raffle system does not log any transactions to a money system. It simply deducts money from the member's balance.

oh, one more question - sorry about this, I would PM you but I figured maybe others will have these questions so :)

Is it possible to set as a winning prize a given amount of currency (credits in my case)? I'm trying to asses all possibilities here since it's a currency driven community

oh, one more question - sorry about this, I would PM you but I figured maybe others will have these questions so :)

Is it possible to set as a winning prize a given amount of currency (credits in my case)? I'm trying to asses all possibilities here since it's a currency driven community
You can make the prize whatever you want. But in the case of credits, you would have to manually award them in the credit system. There's no mechanism to award credits to the member in the raffle system.

well, if it deducts the credits, awarding them manually is not a big problem. any plans on adding that in the future?

I've purchased this addon and I'm really happy with it.

Currently we are thinking about how we can monetize our community. When I add a new raffle I see "The cost to purchase a raffle entry". But as far as I can see these are the costs for someone participating in a single raffle. Can I use credits (or another money system) to sell raffles (permissions to create a raffle) to certain user groups? To make it clearer: Company A pays 500 credits and is now able to start 5 raffles within the next 5 months...

Is this (or sth. similar) possible with raffles?

Regards, rhodes

I've purchased this addon and I'm really happy with it.

Currently we are thinking about how we can monetize our community. When I add a new raffle I see "The cost to purchase a raffle entry". But as far as I can see these are the costs for someone participating in a single raffle. Can I use credits (or another money system) to sell raffles (permissions to create a raffle) to certain user groups? To make it clearer: Company A pays 500 credits and is now able to start 5 raffles within the next 5 months...

Is this (or sth. similar) possible with raffles?

Regards, rhodes
That's not possible directly from the Raffle system.

But you could use the built in XenForo subscription system/user groups to accomplish almost the same thing. You would just need to create a user group that has limited admin permissions and allow that group to create raffles. The only thing missing would be the limit to how many raffles they could create.

Hi. To make sure I am not missing something...

Will this let me enter folks that register, automatically? Ex: Next 1000 people that register get entered into a drawing to win X prize.

My logic may be entirely flawed here as well. Perhaps I should be thinking contests.

thanks for your time,
Nigel

Hi. To make sure I am not missing something...

Will this let me enter folks that register, automatically? Ex: Next 1000 people that register get entered into a drawing to win X prize.

My logic may be entirely flawed here as well. Perhaps I should be thinking contests.

thanks for your time,
Nigel
There are no automatic entries. Each user must enter a raffle by clicking the links to it.

@Snog - your addon works perfectly. However, I would like to translate the phrase "You already have the maximum entries allowed for this raffle." but I cannot find the string within phrases. Can you help?

@Snog - your addon works perfectly. However, I would like to translate the phrase "You already have the maximum entries allowed for this raffle." but I cannot find the string within phrases. Can you help?
That's the 'raffles_max_entries_reached' phrase.

I was considering purchasing this, but I have a quick question!

I read something about a tab for displaying the items that have been won (more-so virtual items), if someone did win a raffle, in their profile. Was that ever implemented?

One last question... is there a page of winners, or a ranking type ability that shows x amount of users who have won x amount of times? Would you ever consider that?

Thanks for your time. :)

I was considering purchasing this, but I have a quick question!

I read something about a tab for displaying the items that have been won (more-so virtual items), if someone did win a raffle, in their profile. Was that ever implemented?

One last question... is there a page of winners, or a ranking type ability that shows x amount of users who have won x amount of times? Would you ever consider that?

Thanks for your time. :)
The profile info has never been implemented and isn't in the queue to be done.

There is no single page of winners. However, each raffle can be left online so people can see who won a raffle.

I'm not sure what use a ranking of winners would serve. Especially on a site with a large amount of users that enter a raffle. While it is possible for a user to win different raffles it's highly unusual. Very seldom does the same person win multiple raffles. In some instances, it could take years before the same person won a raffle.

The only time the same user might win frequently is on a very small site with a very small amount of entries. Then repetition is much more likely.

The profile info has never been implemented and isn't in the queue to be done.

There is no single page of winners. However, each raffle can be left online so people can see who won a raffle.

I'm not sure what use a ranking of winners would serve. Especially on a site with a large amount of users that enter a raffle. While it is possible for a user to win different raffles it's highly unusual. Very seldom does the same person win multiple raffles. In some instances, it could take years before the same person won a raffle.

The only time the same user might win frequently is on a very small site with a very small amount of entries. Then repetition is much more likely.

Understandable.. I guess for criteria like that, usergroups or a larger group would make more sense, aka premium members won x amount of times for x raffle (like a monthly or weekly raffle).

Anyway, that makes sense what you've said. Thanks for answering my questions. :)

Top Bottom