Raffles for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Just my luck, I buy it, and now the site is down!! and no, I did not get the download link..............
My site is not down.

The download link was sent to your PayPal email address. It is being blocked by your spam detection software.

I've been using raffles for about a year now and its been great but we are trying to do a fundraiser raffle for the family of a forum member who has passed away and I was wondering if there were any way for people to buy raffle tickets with actual money as opposed to the points/currency system addons? I've been searching but I'm not seeing anything like that that we can do...any suggestions?

I've been using raffles for about a year now and its been great but we are trying to do a fundraiser raffle for the family of a forum member who has passed away and I was wondering if there were any way for people to buy raffle tickets with actual money as opposed to the points/currency system addons? I've been searching but I'm not seeing anything like that that we can do...any suggestions?
The only way to 'purchase tickets' would be to use something like ******* Credits where you can purchase credits and then require X number of credits to enter. OR, set up a user upgrade that puts the member in another user group. Then only let that user group enter the raffle.

The reason no way of purchasing entries is included is it's completely against PayPal rules to directly use PayPal for such a thing. The same holds true for most credit card processors.

The only way to 'purchase tickets' would be to use something like ******* Credits where you can purchase credits and then require X number of credits to enter. OR, set up a user upgrade that puts the member in another user group. Then only let that user group enter the raffle.

The reason no way of purchasing entries is included is it's completely against PayPal rules to directly use PayPal for such a thing. The same holds true for most credit card processors.
Thanks for your reply. I guess we'll need to find another way to raise funds.

I had a quick question about the User group entries. From what I understand, you can set the Maximum User Entries: 1, and then with the Usergroup Entry Limits: 27|2,28|3,29|4,30|4,31|4.

From how I understand it, the default for people eligible to enter will be 1 entry per user, unless they are in any of those other groups specified with higher entry amounts. Is this correct? Do the groups matter if they are secondary user groups added to a user? Or do they have to be the main user group for that user? I have tried testing it with my main forum user which is part of group ID 30, but I am still only to enter the raffle one time. Is there something I am missing, or something I am not understanding properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I had a quick question about the User group entries. From what I understand, you can set the Maximum User Entries: 1, and then with the Usergroup Entry Limits: 27|2,28|3,29|4,30|4,31|4.

From how I understand it, the default for people eligible to enter will be 1 entry per user, unless they are in any of those other groups specified with higher entry amounts. Is this correct? Do the groups matter if they are secondary user groups added to a user? Or do they have to be the main user group for that user? I have tried testing it with my main forum user which is part of group ID 30, but I am still only to enter the raffle one time. Is there something I am missing, or something I am not understanding properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Check the 'Allowed Usergroups' for the raffle. It sounds like you haven't allowed user group 30 to enter the raffle so it's defaulting to the next lowest allowed user group you belong to.

IE: Registered Users are allowed to enter the raffle, but your user group 30 is not allowed.

Wow now this looks interesting. Is there a countdown timer to display in the forum somewhere, I don't see it and there are no samples on the demo website.
Thanks!

Wow now this looks interesting. Is there a countdown timer to display in the forum somewhere, I don't see it and there are no samples on the demo website.
Thanks!
Yes there is. It can be displayed in either the sidebar or in the forum listings.

There is a screenshot of the sidebar with the countdown clock in the add-on overview.

Okay, I just bought this addon. I have a couple of questions:

When creating the thread for the raffle, shouldn't there be an option to link to the raffle or raffle section?

When entering the raffle, there is no confirmation that you've entered.

In addition, only my admin can edit the raffles, no matter what user ID I set in the options. How do I open this up to my administrative user group?

Okay, I just bought this addon. I have a couple of questions:

When creating the thread for the raffle, shouldn't there be an option to link to the raffle or raffle section?

When entering the raffle, there is no confirmation that you've entered.

In addition, only my admin can edit the raffles, no matter what user ID I set in the options. How do I open this up to my administrative user group?

There is no way to link to the raffle when creating the thread because there is no Raffle to link to until it's completely saved/created. So there's no way to know what the raffle ID will be before you create the raffle. The best you can do is to link to the raffle list on your site.

The dropdown notice does show when someone enters a raffle. Do people really need some other confirmation that they actively clicked a button? That's like being notified every time you make a post. Wouldn't that be kind of silly?

Set the permissions in Users->Administrators->(Username). And tick the Administer Raffles checkbox. It is a user level administrative permission.

Well, I can tell you as someone who has never used it before, when clicking the button and being redirected right back to a screen which says in red lettering, "You do not have enough credits" it is a bit confusing. When making a post you can clearly see your post. When doing this, you can't see if you are entered or not unless you have permissions.

And regarding the Admin setting, thank you!

Well, I can tell you as someone who has never used it before, when clicking the button and being redirected right back to a screen which says in red lettering, "You do not have enough credits" it is a bit confusing. When making a post you can clearly see your post. When doing this, you can't see if you are entered or not unless you have permissions.
OK, so the issue is when using a credit system. I'll put some sort of notification when using a credit system on the wish list.

Top Bottom