Raffles for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

From my understanding, you can use a point system as a method of entry. Set it up so every post counts as a point, and then they can use each point for a raffle entry. My understanding of this add-on is prettying low, as I don't actually have it installed yet, but that was a similar intention of mine. Every 10 posts = 1 point. 1 point = 1 raffle entry. Unlimited entries per person.

Thanks for the replies @Snog and @haincha

That is basically what I want to do. I want to have bigger contests but I would like to have a regular one for anyone that is active. My contests have been ones that have do something special. But it would be nice to have a monthly contest just for people for being active. Having them enter them self isn't a big issue.

I think I read that you can have a user group that can get extra tickets? I think that would be a good bonus for my founding members.

James

Thanks for the replies @Snog and @haincha

That is basically what I want to do. I want to have bigger contests but I would like to have a regular one for anyone that is active. My contests have been ones that have do something special. But it would be nice to have a monthly contest just for people for being active. Having them enter them self isn't a big issue.

I think I read that you can have a user group that can get extra tickets? I think that would be a good bonus for my founding members.

James
Yes, you can set it so different usergroups can have different entry limits for a raffle.

entrylimits.webp

What that means is this...

You want regular members (usergroup 2) to have 1 entry, so you would set the Maximum User Entries setting (not shown in screenshot) to 1.

BUT, you want another usergroup (say usergroup 8) to have 10 entries. You would put 8|10 in the setting shown in the screenshot.

Now, members in usergroup 2 will be able to enter once and members in usergroup 8 will be able to enter 10 times.

Last edited:
Snog updated Raffles with a new update entry:

Raffles Update 1.1.0

An update to the raffle system has been released. Those that have purchased this mod, please check your PayPal email for the download link.

This release fixes these problems found in version 1.0.9
  • Fix error when manually drawing a raffle with multiple winners.
  • Fix error when the number of prizes/winners is unusually large, maxium number of prizes/winners is now 1500.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've been experiencing an issue with the variables for the winners PM. Maybe they are just incorrectly labeled, but the Raffle name has been passing through where the User name should be, and vice versa

I've been experiencing an issue with the variables for the winners PM. Maybe they are just incorrectly labeled, but the Raffle name has been passing through where the User name should be, and vice versa
I can't duplicate this. I just ran a test raffle and all shows properly...

winnerpm.webp

In all cases..
{1} = Raffle Name
{2} = Winner Name

Nevermind, just checked and 1 and 2 were flipped. I could have sworn 1 was Winner and 2 was Raffle. That's what I get for working late nights.

Thanks @Snog!

What phrase is the default message on an old raffle?

The entry period for this raffle has ended.
The winner has been drawn.

And is there an easy way for me to figure this out?

What phrase is the default message on an old raffle?

The entry period for this raffle has ended.
The winner has been drawn.

And is there an easy way for me to figure this out?
That is the raffles_winner_drawn phrase.

The easy way to locate a phrase is to go to Appearance->Search Phrases and enter a portion of the phrase you want to change (IE: The entry period) in the Text Contains box.

Last edited:
HI Snog,

Great addon, I used this when I was on VB, and now im pleased to be using it again on Xenforo.

One question though...
is there some way, or could you add the ability to display to everyone how many people have entered a raffle?
Also maybe it would be good to have an option to list who has entered as well as how many entries there have been.
I personally only really want the option to show people how many entries there have been, but the second is just a suggestion for others.

Maybe this option alreay exists and I dont know how to use it :p

thanks snog,
love your work :)

Showing how many people have entered a raffle really isn't a good idea. What tends to happen when people know that, is people don't enter when they don't feel they have a chance of winning. And that feeling gets worse when the number of entries goes up.

A list of who has entered is available from the admin screens under Aplications->Raffle Entries.

A public list of who has entered is not available. I never liked that idea and eliminated it from the XF version. However, the option to show it to certain users or usergroups is planned for the future.

Showing how many people have entered a raffle really isn't a good idea. What tends to happen when people know that, is people don't enter when they don't feel they have a chance of winning. And that feeling gets worse when the number of entries goes up.

A list of who has entered is available from the admin screens under Aplications->Raffle Entries.

A public list of who has entered is not available. However, the option to show it to certain users or usergroups is planned for the future.

Yes I agree with everything you said.
I my particular situation it is a free offering and I offer more to my users through raffles than people can take, I also run multiple raffles at the same time.
So the plan was if i showed them how many people have entered the raffles, they would enter the ones with a low number of entries instead of those with high numbers of entries.

Of course your reasoning will apply to many more people than mine, but thought I would suggest it anyway.
Great to hear it is something planned for future versions anyway.

Thanks Snog, keep up the great work.

Snog updated Raffles with a new update entry:

Raffle Update 1.1.2

An update to the Raffle system has been released. Those that have purchased this mod, please check your PayPal email for the download link.

This update adds the following features to the system..
  • Add option to show raffle entries to usergroups or individual users (see usegroup/user permissions)
  • Moved new raffle announcements from general options to individual raffle creation.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I would buy this if you created an option for the user to have to press a facebook like or twitter follow button before they could enter the raffle. That would be HUGE.

I would buy this if you created an option for the user to have to press a facebook like or twitter follow button before they could enter the raffle. That would be HUGE.
Sorry, I don't do any coding involving Facebook, Twitter or any other instant gratification system.

Sorry, I don't do any coding involving Facebook, Twitter or any other instant gratification system.
The coding doesn't really involve 3rd party sites, they already provide pre coded buttons. The issue is not allowing an entrant to enter until after clicking it.

Back
Top Bottom