Raffles for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Today I added an option to turn off the raffles navigation tab.

Those that have purchased the mod should check their PayPal email address for the update download link.

Awesome add-on* ! Another important one to add on my board since our giveaways are starting pretty soon .

I'll have an update out sometime tomorrow to fix this.

Great. After that fix, I think I will feel safe making some modifications. Currently the message for non-logged in members seems a bit harsh. Probably going to change it to something involving you must login/register to enter the raffle, with either a button or text link in it.

Problem I have right now is it's not quite clear to anyone not logged in that all they have to do is log in to enter.

Can you let me know what to edit to update this? Opened all the files, but don't see that message anywhere.

Last edited:
Great. After that fix, I think I will feel safe making some modifications. Currently the message for non-logged in members seems a bit harsh. Probably going to change it to something involving you must login/register to enter the raffle, with either a button or text link in it.

Problem I have right now is it's not quite clear to anyone not logged in that all they have to do is log in to enter.

Can you let me know what to edit to update this? Opened all the files, but don't see that message anywhere.
That's the 'raffles_not_allowed' phrase. It can be edited in ACP->Appearance->Phrases

I've just sent out the update that corrects the responsive styling problem.

Everyone that has purchased the add-on, please check your PayPal email for the download link.

An update that allows announcing new raffles in a new thread (in Raffle Options) has been released today.

Those who have purchased this add-on, please check your PayPal email address for the download link.

Snog updated Raffles with a new update entry:

Raffles Update 1.0.8

An update to the raffle system has been released. Those that have purchased this mod, please check your PayPal email for the download link.

This release fixes these problems found in version 1.0.7
  • Replace hard coded phrase found in version 1.0.7 with xenforo phrase in version 1.0.8.
  • Fix missing check for number of entries in manual raffle draw in verson 1.0.8.
  • Change multiple winner description so it clearly defines what will happen if there aren't enough entries in a raffle...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Question: Does this place winning prizes somewhere on the members profile page?

Here's the idea:
I would like to create football player cards and have them as the raffle prizes. Then, winning cards are placed on a tab (like "postings" and "information") on their profile page.

Since I'm no coder, I have no idea of the complexity in doing this but thought I would toss out the idea.

Here's the idea:
I would like to create football player cards and have them as the raffle prizes. Then, winning cards are placed on a tab (like "postings" and "information") on their profile page.

Since I'm no coder, I have no idea of the complexity in doing this but thought I would toss out the idea.
No it doesn't.

The prizes for a raffle are meant to be physical prizes that are sent to the winners.

Here's the idea:

theres a mod coming out soon called xfimage.

its mainly an image shop, where members can buy image based items with credits, although they can also be gifted by other members and staff, such items show in the members profile page.

maybe you could use this mod just for displaying the winning cards in the members profile. Or you could use the image mod to make a collection of football cards to purchase and trade with credits and use this raffle system to raffle off rare cards that can only be one in a raffle.

just a suggestion :)

guy coding it, estimates its release for this Saturday

Purchased, looks rather promising. Will set it up and report back later today when I have some free time. Thanks!

Question(s)

Can each post count as an entry if you want? So if they make 50 posts then they have 50 entries.

Can you set a minimum character count for it to count as a post/entry?

Can you set it so that it only counts posts in certain forums?

I think this could help my forum.

James

Question(s)

Can each post count as an entry if you want? So if they make 50 posts then they have 50 entries.

Can you set a minimum character count for it to count as a post/entry?

Can you set it so that it only counts posts in certain forums?

I think this could help my forum.

James
No, posts are not used as entries at all. The member must actually enter the raffle from the raffle detail screen.

From my understanding, you can use a point system as a method of entry. Set it up so every post counts as a point, and then they can use each point for a raffle entry. My understanding of this add-on is pretty low, as I don't actually have it installed yet, but that was a similar intention of mine. Every 10 posts = 1 point. 1 point = 1 raffle entry. Unlimited entries per person.

Last edited:
From my understanding, you can use a point system as a method of entry. Set it up so every post counts as a point, and then they can use each point for a raffle entry. My understanding of this add-on is prettying low, as I don't actually have it installed yet, but that was a similar intention of mine. Every 10 posts = 1 point. 1 point = 1 raffle entry. Unlimited entries per person.
Yes, that will work. But they must still visit the raffle screen and enter the raffle. Nobody gets entered automatically.

If they were entered automatically, people would be screaming about their points being lost and that they didn't want to use them for the raffle.

Top Bottom