Raffles for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

The coding doesn't really involve 3rd party sites, they already provide pre coded buttons. The issue is not allowing an entrant to enter until after clicking it.
And I would have to code the raffle system to interpret if the facebook button has been clicked.

Again, I do not do ANY coding involving Facebook, Twitter or any other instant gratification system. That has been and will always be my stance on those type of sites.

Is there an ability to raffle off usergroups for example regular members can join a raffle to automatically be updated to "Premium" members?

Is there an ability to raffle off usergroups for example regular members can join a raffle to automatically be updated to "Premium" members?
There's no automatic usergroup upgrade in the raffle system.

But you could do a raffle for a membership upgrade, and manually upgrade the winner.

Is it possible to notify members how many "tickets" they bought? Other then to go to the raffle and see there how many they still can buy :-) I use Raffles a while and the users love it (me too) Its generates a lot off trafic on my board. But the majority of the users want to know if they bought and how many they bought. Maybe with a pm? that sent "you bought x tickets"

Is it possible to notify members how many "tickets" they bought? Other then to go to the raffle and see there how many they still can buy :) I use Raffles a while and the users love it (me too) Its generates a lot off trafic on my board. But the majority of the users want to know if they bought and how many they bought. Maybe with a pm? that sent "you bought x tickets"
Don't you think that sending a PM 'IF' they entered would be akin to sending a PM when they make a post that tells them they just made the post. That would be rather redundant wouldn't it? It's an interactive process so they should know they entered.

Sending a PM saying how many times they entered would require some kind of link for them to request the information. So again, it would be 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Which is better a link somewhere to request the information, or just go look at the raffle?

Perhaps I don't understand what you're asking for?

Is there a way to change the time period between entries to be based on the raffle time itself and not the entry.

Basically I want users to be able to enter once a day, but if it is at 11:59pm, they will still be able to enter again at 12:01am the next day and not wait a full 24 hours.

Is there a way to change the time period between entries to be based on the raffle time itself and not the entry.

Basically I want users to be able to enter once a day, but if it is at 11:59pm, they will still be able to enter again at 12:01am the next day and not wait a full 24 hours.
If 'Time Between Entries:' is set to 86400, they will have to wait until 11:59pm the next day to enter again.

The time users must wait before submitting another entry. (In seconds).
1 minute = 60
1 hour = 3600
1 day = 86400
1 week = 604800

If 'Time Between Entries:' is set to 86400, they will have to wait until 11:59pm the next day to enter again.

Sorry, I think I wasn't clear enough. I would like it so that if they did enter at 11:59pm on Monday, they could re-enter at 12:01 am the next day on Tuesday. So that it really is once per day and not 24 hours since their last entry, but the time of the day that defines if they can enter again.

If I set it to 1 day now, they have to wait a full 24 hours no matter, when they enter in the day.

Sorry, I think I wasn't clear enough. I would like it so that if they did enter at 11:59pm on Monday, they could re-enter at 12:01 am the next day on Tuesday. So that it really is once per day and not 24 hours since their last entry, but the time of the day that defines if they can enter again.

If I set it to 1 day now, they have to wait a full 24 hours no matter, when they enter in the day.
Now I understand.

No, that's not possible. However, I will put it on the wish list.

Hello,
Would it be possible to show the "Active Raffles" box rather than on the sidebar, on the forums page?
Basically, it would be great if we had the Raffle Picture then next to it the name, then under the name, the count down timer... How can I make this happen, as on the sidebar it take a lot of place..
Thank you!

Hello,
Would it be possible to show the "Active Raffles" box rather than on the sidebar, on the forums page?
Basically, it would be great if we had the Raffle Picture then next to it the name, then under the name, the count down timer... How can I make this happen, as on the sidebar it take a lot of place..
Thank you!
What you want to do is not included in the raffle system and is not supported. The best I can do is give you the basic steps since custom programming support is not a part of the raffle system.

You would need to create a custom template, and a new listener that ties the template somewhere in your page. Probably using a hook or Template Modification.

What you want to do is not included in the raffle system and is not supported. The best I can do is give you the basic steps since custom programming support is not a part of the raffle system.

You would need to create a custom template, and a new listener that ties the template somewhere in your page. Probably using a hook or Template Modification.
Hello,
And thank you for the reply. Couldn't this made by using the Widget Framework plugin?maybe you could add in the future version support for this plugin..I'm sure a quite a lot of people will like this

Hello,
And thank you for the reply. Couldn't this made by using the Widget Framework plugin?maybe you could add in the future version support for this plugin..I'm sure a quite a lot of people will like this
As much as I can appreciate the usefulness of that add-on, I don't normally program anything that depends on another author's add-on. Invariably if I do, I end up supporting their add-on or having to support users with unusual configurations of another add-on. As an example, just by including the ability to interface with credit/point systems I have a user that wants to use multiple currencies with the raffle system. That's not supported and it can be difficult to explain why without alienating people.

Snog updated Raffles with a new update entry:

Raffle Update 1.1.4

An update to the Raffle system has been released. Those that have purchased this mod, please check your PayPal email for the download link.

This update fixes bugs found in 1.1.3 and adds the following features...
  • Fix new raffle thread being created every time a raffle is edited.
  • Fix forum for raffle thread not being saved.
  • Change admin forum selection method.
  • Add option to display active raffles in the forum list. (XenForo 1.2+ required)
  • Fix bbcode not being parsed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Support for just about any XenForo money system such as bdBank

Can you elaborate on that? I'm using ******* - Credits Premium and I'm not sure if they are compatible :)

Support for just about any XenForo money system such as bdBank

Can you elaborate on that? I'm using ******* - Credits Premium and I'm not sure if they are compatible :)
Any credit system will work, including *******.

The only limitation is you can only use one currency type from the credit system. Multiple currencies are not supported by the raffle system. So if you have 3 currencies, you can only use one of them.

creditsys.webp

Top Bottom