• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Quotes with avatars

This is probably my favourite template mod so far.

It just adds another dimension to quotes, making it possible to see the quoted author at a glance.

It just adds another dimension to quotes, making it possible to see the quoted author at a glance.
Really? I thought it needed more work. Can I try out your alteration of the modification?

Was the issue of it only displaying the original avatar fixed yet? When a person changes their avatar the old one still shows.

It never did that, that was erroneous information.

It always displays the current avatar.

It never did that, that was erroneous information.

It always displays the current avatar.
I tried the one in the first post then.

Do you still have yours at 48? and if so, is this where you changed it?

Code:
.messageText .quote_with_avatar .QuoteAvatar .img.s
{
    background-color: #eee;
    background-position: 0% 0%;
    background-size: 60px;
    border: none;
    padding: 0;
    width: 60px;
    height: 60px;
    box-shadow: inset 0 0 0 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.1);
    -webkit-transition: box-shadow 0.06s;
}

I have edited the CSS in the first post quite a bit to remove all the shadows, etc.

This is mine:
Code:
/* Avatars for quotes */
body .messageText .QuoteAvatar {
float: left;
margin-right: 0;
margin-left: 0px;
box-shadow: none;
border: 1px solid @primaryLighter;
}

body .messageText .QuoteAvatar:active {
position: relative;
top: 1px;
}

.messageText .QuoteAvatar .img.s {
background-color: @primaryLighterStill;
background-position: 0% 0%;
background-size: 48px;
border: none;
width: 48px;
height: 48px;
}

.messageText .QuoteAvatar:active .img.s {
}

body .messageText .bbCodeQuote.hasAvatar {
margin-bottom: 10px;
margin-left: 64px;
position: relative;
}

.messageText .bbCodeQuote.hasAvatar .arrow {
border-radius: 0;
height: 20px;
width: 10px;
position: absolute;
left: -11px;
top: 2px;
overflow: hidden;
}

.messageText .bbCodeQuote.hasAvatar .arrow:after {
content: " ";
background: @bbCodeQuote.border-color;
height: 9px;
width: 9px;
top: 5px;
left: 5px;
position: absolute;
box-shadow: none;;
transform: rotate(45deg);
-o-transform: rotate(45deg);
-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);
-moz-transform: rotate(45deg);
-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);
}

Interesting topic you posted there! Hope Vicky doesn't mind your posting about how she warms her hands and how you want to help her...

Some people use file comparisons to see what changes have been made, some people just write them in a text file. Whatever you prefer really.

I haven't conducted an update yet so please correct me if I'm way off base. When you update, the templates that you have made prior changes to will not be overwritten by the new ones (your changes stay intact). They will however show up in the "outdated templates" section of your CP. From there, you know something has changed with that template so you can then past your current code and the new code in Notepad ++ and compare the two. Allowing you to make the necessary changes to the new template.
Is this accurate?

Correct.

Only if any edited templates are changed between releases though.

What are outdated templates and why do I need to revert them? Can't I just continue using the old ones?
If a template is changed between releases, i.e. from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1, and you have manually edited it, then it will be marked as outdated. This is done because the software doesn't automatically overwrite those templates, thereby causing certain functionality which you have added to be lost. It is an indication that the core code has changed and you need to take action. The software will continue to function with these outdated templates but you may be missing important updates and bug fixes so it is recommended to revert and reapply any edits.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

Noticed one other small issue that might be fixable? If the quoted user is ignored by a member, the quoted text (correctly) doesn't appear, but the avatar beside it does. Maybe need a {xen:if $ignored} check in there or something?

Top Bottom