XF 1.5 Issue with Avatars

JustinKite_

Users are able to upload avatars, but whenever they do it shows up as this:
c734c9b5057b2fa69659759667e8104e.png

Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it

What's the link to your site?

(Please make sure that the URL you list in the customer area points to your XF install, both for license checking and for support issues like this.)

When I go to that link, I get :

This page isn’t working
crystalgalaxy.net redirected you too many times.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

This is what's in the browser address bar :
Code:
http://crystalgalaxy.net/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/

When I go to that link, I get :

This page isn’t working
crystalgalaxy.net redirected you too many times.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

This is what's in the browser address bar :
Code:
http://crystalgalaxy.net/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/community/
Works perfectly fine for me and every other member who is currently registered.
Also having issues with emails. This is what it reads in the Error Log:

bd61032491416b91c4cba575f64710dc.png

I don't see any content on your site and your user doesn't have an avatar right now, so that doesn't really allow us to see the issue and the exact response the server is returning.

http://crystalgalaxy.net/community/data/avatars/l/0/1.jpg?1515769976

Your server is returning a 500 error for this URL. There should be more details in your web server error log; if not, you may need to contact your host. They may have particular restrictions enforced (such as for permissions).
My host is myself and I will look in the error log

Here's the error:
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: mkdir(): Permission denied - library\XenForo\Helper\File.php:72
Generated By: JustinKite, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'mkdir(): Permis...', 'C:\\inetpub\\wwwr...', 72, Array)
#1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\community\library\XenForo\Helper\File.php(72): mkdir('C:/inetpub/wwwr...')
#2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\community\library\XenForo\DataWriter\AttachmentData.php(222): XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory('C:/inetpub/wwwr...', true)
#3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\community\library\XenForo\DataWriter\AttachmentData.php(144): XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_writeAttachmentFile('C:\\Windows\\Temp...', Array)
#4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\community\library\XenForo\DataWriter.php(1423): XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_postSave()
#5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\community\library\XenForo\Model\Attachment.php(539): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\community\library\XenForo\ControllerPublic\Attachment.php(205): XenForo_Model_Attachment->insertUploadedAttachmentData(Object(XenForo_Upload), 1)
#7 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\community\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Attachment->actionDoUpload()
#8 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\community\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\community\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()

That's a directory permissions issue on the server.

If you aren't sure how to change the perms, contact your host and they will be able to resolve it for you.

Top Bottom