• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Quotes with avatars

BTW, I resolved the last issue by adding margin-bottom: 20px to body .messageText .bbCodeQuote.hasAvatar.

I updated the first post with the fix. It should work fine with all quotes and even if the quote text is very small.

I have to say, this is a great addition and I'll be adding it to my site later.

I changed the CSS slightly to use the standard size small avatar (48px), which stops them looking blurred due to being increased to 60px.

Brogan, I noticed in your screen shot some different levels of quotes... how are nested quotes handled? Or, more to the point, how do they look with the avatars?

Never mind. It's broken in a couple of styles. Need to check them individually. I thought I was using default but I'm not.

Updated first post with a smooth onclick transition for webkit. Did't include transitions for other browsers because they can't properly display it (the transition itself or the click effect).

I explored that option, but the avatar was so small it didn't work very well.

I tried it with the 48px small avatar and it made the attribution row too wide.

There will be error logs produced for anyone who hasn't uploaded an avatar and is quoted.

Sadly I think I'm going to have to remove this as there are hundreds of log entries due to it.

I spoke with Mike today about this and he had a play around with the code.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's possible to show the default avatar for those who haven't uploaded one without some additional php code.
Specifically an avatar.php file that can handle everything with only a user ID.

Original :

example-png.22131

Maybe put the avatar on the other side ? (sort of balances out the images)

cyberAP.avatar.beside.quote.webp

Maybe embed the avatar in the quoted area ?

cyberAP.avatar.beside.quote2.webp

Top Bottom