Quitting smoking with these bad boys

If you are going to try and quick smoking, you should also try to loose weight as nicotine is generally stored in the fat cells. even if you are moderately fit, when your body burns the fat cell with the stored nicotine - it will release that nicotine back into your blood stream giving you that 'urge' to smoke one.

There is a whole e-cig world out there. It is also called vaping. Not as good for you as quitting completely but still thousands of times better. I also do the e-cig except I am into the flavors(mainly tobacco flavors).

I quit smoking 10 months ago after receiving an e-cig from a friend. I was instantly impressed with the e-cig. After awhile, the small (cigarette shaped) e-cig left me wanting to try others. I ventured on to several different types until resting on the eGo (larger, better hit, longer batt life) by Joye. I also use the Big Kazoo mod from kalamazoovaporshop.com when I'm craving a massive hit. At first, I bought the premade e-juice, but now I just make it myself. This allows me to adjust the dose. I order the flavor and nicotene from the UK and though I started out at 36mg strength, I have now weened myself down to 6mg strength.

I've read all the hype about them not being safe...but my lungs tell me they are appreciating the change. No more wheezing or black lung cookies in the morning. I can breathe better and don't smell like cigarettes.

I wish you the very best of luck. A piece of advice though...get you some VG vegetable glycerin (available at walmart or any pharmacy) and learn to dilute your dose. When you get acclimated to the e-cig, slowly, over a period of several months, start diluting your dosage. This will allow your body a slow weening that will make it easy to walk away from it altogether. You wont even notice that you are getting a decrease in dosage.

Hey Dodgeboard,
Is this the one you use ?
http://www.happyvaper.com/Happy_eGo_E_cigarette_Starter_Kit_p/ego-kit.htm

I'm going to do some research on these devices.
Which liquid do you use ?
Oddly some contain no nicotene ... which seems weird to me.
What do people do add their own THC fluid !

Yes, that's the eGo. Here is the Big Kazoo, which delivers a massive hit: http://kalamazoovaporshop.com/home.php?cat=19
Order an EXTRA SET OF BATTERIES as they take about 4 hours to fully charge and you don't want to be cuaght without a fix.

Concentrated nicotene eliquid: http://www.flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=4

Tobacco flavors: http://www.flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=3

Some people do try and make THC eLiquid, but I've heard :whistle: that it ruins the atomizers since you never want to put oil based substances into it...gums them up after a few puffs.

If you are going to try and quick smoking, you should also try to loose weight as nicotine is generally stored in the fat cells.
Nicotene is stored in fat cells.

Even if you are moderately fit, when your body burns the fat cell with the stored nicotine - it will release that nicotine back into your blood stream
true.

giving you that 'urge' to smoke one.
Probably not.
The levels of nicotene released by your fat cells would be so low it wouldn't be a significant cause of cravings. If anything, nicotene would tend to reduce the cravings for smoking.

Under your hypothesis potatoes, tomatoes, and eggplant would cause people to relapse.

For someone who didn't really want to quit smoking ... which eLiquid one is "most like" smoking ? (from your experience).

Depends on what you are smoking now. If you smoke menthol cigs, get a menthol flavor. If you smoke marlboro, get marlboro. If you are a heavy non-filter smoker, start out at 36 mg strength. If you smoke ultralights or are a light smoker, start at 9 mg strength.

I always recommend starting with something similar to what you now smoke to ease the transition.

For some reason, the girls like the fruity flavors. Us men tend to gravitate to the tobacco flavors.:) The tobacco flavors always give a better throat-hit more closely mimicking the hit from cigarettes.

I use the Joytech Ego as well. It is great with low resistance atomizers. Like I mentioned in my first post in this thread there is a whole world on this and all kinds of mods. I have a Provari coming which is a variable voltage device so you can control how much of a hit you get. I am currently using 18mg liquid. There are quite a few great places to get juice from. So far my favorite has been backwoodsbrew.net. Another good one is ivape.net. If you are looking for a straight up tobacco flavor the backo at backwoods is really good.

Does anyone have a "ingredients list" of the liquid they use ?
I think the ingredients will be the deciding factor in prognosticating their safety.

It is just food grade(USP)/pharmaceutical grade Propyl Glycerin (PG) and/or Vegetable Glycerin (VG), flavoring and nicotine.

The nicotine base is usually pg based but can also be had in vg base. Most flavorings are pg based. The PG along with nicotine is what provides the throat hit and the vg is what provides the vapor(smoke). PG also helps carry the flavoring better.

100% vg e-liquids are extremely thick and are usually thinned with pure grain alcohol, vodka or distilled water to get them to work with cartridges. If you direct drip on the atomizer it doesn't matter how thick the liquid is.

Thanks to this thread I purchased a 510 starter kit and was instantly off the smokes, Been 4 days now and I am still surprised how easy the switch was.
First thing I noticed was the poor battery life with my 510 but I have ordered an APOLOE APL-A580 which should fix that problem, then after a week or so I intend to lower the nic levels slowly over time.

I gave up smoking 7 weeks ago using the nicotine patches.

I used to smoke a packet a day (20) and stated off on the 21mg patches. So far I have found the patches to be very good.

The NRT course I choose is:

First six weeks on 21mg patch
2 weeks on 14 mg
2 weeks on 7 mg

I did consider the e-cig but decided the patches would be better for me as you just put it on in the morning and apply a new one each day. I think everyone has their own prefered method and as long as you are able to quit the nicotine drug that is the most important thing.

It is hard at first to kick the habit but as each week passes the easier it becomes.

The most important thing is to plan a course to slowly reduce your nicotine intake over a period of 3 months and then after 3 months you should be able to get by without nicotine.

Good luck all! :)

I gave up smoking 7 weeks ago using the nicotine patches.

I used to smoke a packet a day (20) and stated off on the 21mg patches. So far I have found the patches to be very good.

The NRT course I choose is:

First six weeks on 21mg patch
2 weeks on 14 mg
2 weeks on 7 mg

I did consider the e-cig but decided the patches would be better for me as you just put it on in the morning and apply a new one each day. I think everyone has their own prefered method and as long as you are able to quit the nicotine drug that is the most important thing.

It is hard at first to kick the habit but as each week passes the easier it becomes.

The most important thing is to plan a course to slowly reduce your nicotine intake over a period of 3 months and then after 3 months you should be able to get by without nicotine.

Good luck all! :)

Patch would never work for me unless I could roll it up and smoke it. For many it's the oral fixation, the ritual of smoking.

Glad it worked for you. That had to be tough.

Having a few drinks again tonight, doing well.

Glad to see there's more than a few people who have given up and are doing well in this thread. I bought another product recently and I'm going to post a review up (not good BTW).

Right folks so I liked my original ecig which was of the cartomiser kind but quite liked the ideo of having a tank system. I got one of the tankomiser kits found here http://www.ziggicig.com/Product.aspx?ID=71.

Bit of advice for anyone else temped don't buy the "tankomiser" kit that you find in that link, despite a certain YouTube video hailing them to be fantastic they don't actually work very well at all. It's hard to get a draw from them, they're overly fidly oh and did I mention THEYRE HARD TO GET A DECENT DRAW FROM.

I actually switched back to using my cartomiser ecig within an hour of purchase.

I smoked a pack a day + for over 30 years and quit cold turkey 2 years ago. Real men don't need aids to overcome tobacco ;)

Top Bottom