Quitting smoking with these bad boys

http://sph.bu.edu/index.php?option=...d=3366&task=view&id=623&deptid=&Itemid=617365

"Few, if any, chemicals at levels detected in electronic cigarettes raise serious health concerns," the authors said. "Although the existing research does not warrant a conclusion that electronic cigarettes are safe in absolute terms and further clinical studies are needed to comprehensively assess the safety of electronic cigarettes, a preponderance of the available evidence shows them to be much safer than tobacco cigarettes and comparable in toxicity to conventional nicotine replacement products."

Here's the important point.

Private enterprise Health New Zealand did find cancer-causing chemicals in products, but concluded that overall e-cigarettes should be recommended on the basis of the health risks associated with smoking normal cigarettes.

The only concerns that are valid are: e-cigarettes in the context of a NEW smoker. Are e-cigarettes "pretty much" safe for them ? Probably, but more research is needed. Are e-cigarettes healthier than normal cigarettes ? Virtually Guaranteed.

All I can say is this: it's 2 years since I had a real ciggy and yup I smoke/inhale the fake ones.

They may well have some side affects which I've not experienced but thousands of people are not dying from them every year (and yea we know the % of people is not the same), if your're going to gamble on smoking something tho, I'd much rather do the fake ones...

It all really makes me laugh. It is like in the 50's and 60's when they would recommend smoking.

but thousands of people are not dying from them every year

Not YET. They are only a few years old....

It all really makes me laugh. It is like in the 50's and 60's when they would recommend smoking.

Not YET. They are only a few years old....

Laugh all u want, if it even cuts deaths by a half per year then its worth having an open mind about, they have been out for around what,: 5-10 yrs now and still no one can prove they cause cancer in this day and age.

a lot of people just cant so why not have an alternative?

i really don't believe it works that way but hey good luck to you . I did quit for 3yrs and then i got back into cigs and somehow last night decided to call it quit lol . My friends were smoking all around me earlier today trying to test my patience that was funny .

Well folks.

Update:
Have been drinking quite steadily for the last few hours, would say that I'm drunk. Have got the urge to smoke several times but have reached for my ecig instead despite having tobacco within reach. I'm now on day 4.. I've stopped coughing up my lungs in the morning and my sense of taste has improved. I feel good. :)

Well folks.

Update:
Have been drinking quite steadily for the last few hours, would say that I'm drunk. Have got the urge to smoke several times but have reached for my ecig instead despite having tobacco within reach. I'm now on day 4.. I've stopped coughing up my lungs in the morning and my sense of taste has improved. I feel good. :)

FANTASTIC! You know day 3 is the very hardest, and you have already passed that, so it does get a little tiny bit easier from here on, but do stay vigilant,!

So happy for you ChemicalKicks!!!! :D

FANTASTIC! You know day 3 is the very hardest, and you have already passed that, so it does get a little tiny bit easier from here on, but do stay vigilant,!

So happy for you ChemicalKicks!!!! :D
Kim,

Thank you, feel like I'm doing well tbh!

Listening to some drum and bass and couldn't complain WOO

Xx

(still drinink obv :p)

I use to be a smoker too that I tried going cold turkey. I lasted a while but found I needed the urge to have something in my mouth other than food and drink seeing as I was putting on weight a lot where as when I smoked I didn't do as much. I then bought myself a e-cigerette and found they only lasted almost 2 cigerettes before they needed recharged and only lasted one pack of 20 before having to change the cartridge. I don't have any USB charger with mine, just a wall charger and taking this everywhere with me was a pain in the ass as I had no room in my shoulder bag. The inhaling of the e-cigerette burnt my throat way to much and was difficult to inhale, but after the 3rd inhale of it it didn't hurt so much. The taste of it doesn't really appeal to me although there are different flavours however I've never tried them. Start of college/uni I bought myself a 12.5g of tobacco and never touched my e-cigerette again.

Though the E-cigerettes are only ment to be used to be as a substitute and not a long time period for heavy smokers.

I then bought myself a e-cigerette and found they only lasted almost 2 cigerettes before they needed recharged and only lasted one pack of 20 before having to change the cartridge

Your pain was felt apparently, you can now get recharging 'cigarette packs' and the cartridges last for about 20 smokes. Having said that mine last about 6 hours and I'm a heavy smoker. I only have the one battery but being to charge it direct from the mains I haven't had any issues.

Top Bottom