Quick Reply For Guest

Quick Reply For Guest 1.0.9

No permission to download
Do you try to re-import XML? After reimport XML just look around table `xf_user` the column `referral_guest_quick_reply` was existed or not?
I have not updated that site to 1.0.7 yet

However for the other error on the different site using 1.0.7 referral_guest_quick_reply does not exist in the user table

Awesome!
The time span function will not work for boards that have new user moderation on. Because the accounts may not be approved in time.

Feature requests:
  1. Ask for username and email at quick reply. After submitting send user to registration. If they do not register, then send 1 reminder email per week. After 3 weeks delete.
  2. Allow users to submit multiple posts.
  3. Block flooding.

Allow users to submit multiple posts.
It was ready to use :D

Block flooding.
It was ready to use :D

Ask for username and email at quick reply. After submitting send user to registration. If they do not register, then send 1 reminder email per week. After 3 weeks delete.
Oh? Too much steps? Users must gave Username and Email then redirect to Register and give again. Too confuses. Im sure.

Embed the fields on quick reply, so there are no extra steps. You can autofill the values into the registration form.
It would be of great value to have the email address right from the start. Because it allows us to remind the user. It will result in many more registrations.

How does your addon work if the site has new user moderation turned on? Will the post be visible before the account is approved?
In the registration queue, will the moderator see the post of the new user?

How does your addon work if the site has new user moderation turned on? Will the post be visible before the account is approved?
The post under queue. So within users did not verify or not approve by admin/moderator. So the queue will be hard delete. No admin/moderator can see messages.

Embed the fields on quick reply, so there are no extra steps. You can autofill the values into the registration form.
It would be of great value to have the email address right from the start. Because it allows us to remind the user. It will result in many more registrations.

In the registration queue, will the moderator see the post of the new user?

I like to see it all as one step as well. It would help a lot (I think) for them to be able to write the post, pick a user name, enter an email address, all in one step. It is one less chance for them to changer their mind. Then they just need confirm the email address.

James

Something is not right. I looked at the database and 36 members are marked as a referral_guest_quick_reply but when I search for their posts either nothing is returned or their first post was a new thread. Both should be impossible. Any ideas? I think it's just marking any new registrations.

Last edited:
Something is not right. I looked at the database and 36 members are marked as a referral_guest_quick_reply but when I search for their posts either nothing is returned or their first post was a new thread. Both should be impossible. Any ideas? I think it's just marking any new registrations.
What is value for that field? 0 or 1?

Since installing the new version every new member is being marked with referral_guest_quick_reply=1

Top Bottom