1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question about Single License use

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by iamjudd, Dec 2, 2015.

1. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

I was wondering if it is fine to have a second install that would only be used for a specifiic amount of people and would be closed to new registrations.

To give a little more info about what I am wanting to do:
    Basically I am going to be putting together a small game development team and I would like to use xenforo as a place for us to keep things organized with our development team only. Eventually I would more than likely buy a second license as when it comes time for alpha/beta testing would then use the forums for feedback/bug reports/etc...
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is the relevant clause from the license agreement:
  3. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

I read that and that's why I am posting this, does this situation fall under this clause?
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Will it be a test installation for the purpose of testing the software?
  5. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

We will be testing some custom ticketing and bug tracking solutions with Xenforo but would also use it for just internal discussions.
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That would fall outside the terms of the license and you would require a separate license.
  7. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

Alright gotcha, understandable. Will be looking to get that second license soon here then!