Implemented  Quick edit instead of full edit

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I do know what you mean but to be honest I don't think that the current process of editing could get any quicker.

I do know what you mean but to be honest I don't think that the current process of editing could get any quicker.
When modifying a post, you are forced to go to a new page to modifying that post. I don't see any reason why you should need to leave the page you are currently on.

Maybe not but what I meant was going to a new page to edit is quicker than the quick edit in the other software so why change it.
I don't agree with that. Lets say someone has a slow connection, they are now forced to a new page, which is going to take more time.

I don't agree with that. Lets say someone has a slow connection, they are now forced to a new page, which is going to take more time.
Maybe you're right, I can only base it on how I find it at the moment and for me I can edit quicker here than I can using quick edit on a vBulletin forum.

You know, until you mentioned it, I wasn't aware that attempting to edit a post would force you into going onto a follow-up page. Ideally, I would very much prefer to be able to edit my posts "on the fly" and reduce the number of necessary page loads, if possible.

I guess vB have such feature and yeah , it's better to have a quick edit and from quick edit an ability to switch to the full edit.
Lets say i've forgotten to type period or comma , a quick way to edit that would be great .

Currently when modifying a post, you are forced to use full edit, I think it would be a great idea to implement a quick edit option.

If you like this idea, please be sure to hit the 'LIKE' button so that we can get this implemented.

I could swear that originally, editing didn't take you to a new page. And, I would "like" this about a hundred times if I could.

Yeah I am sure you are correct there MissAlias I have no idea when it changed, but I am sure it used to be a quick ajax type edit.

Top Bottom