1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Quick edit instead of full edit

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Lojo, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Lojo

Lojo Active Member

Currently when modifying a post, you are forced to use full edit, I think it would be a great idea to implement a quick edit option.

If you like this idea, please be sure to hit the 'LIKE' button so that we can get this implemented.

Yoshi, Vilandra, PoLiZe and 35 others like this.
  2. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

I do know what you mean but to be honest I don't think that the current process of editing could get any quicker.

3. Lojo

Lojo Active Member

When modifying a post, you are forced to go to a new page to modifying that post. I don't see any reason why you should need to leave the page you are currently on.

4. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

Maybe not but what I meant was going to a new page to edit is quicker than the quick edit in the other software so why change it.

Abomination likes this.
  5. Lojo

Lojo Active Member

I don't agree with that. Lets say someone has a slow connection, they are now forced to a new page, which is going to take more time.

James likes this.
  6. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

Maybe you're right, I can only base it on how I find it at the moment and for me I can edit quicker here than I can using quick edit on a vBulletin forum.

7. projectego

projectego Active Member

You know, until you mentioned it, I wasn't aware that attempting to edit a post would force you into going onto a follow-up page. Ideally, I would very much prefer to be able to edit my posts "on the fly" and reduce the number of necessary page loads, if possible.

8. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

+1 a quick edit feature would be great.

9. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

There is a mod for that :D

10. Defqon

Defqon Member

I guess vB have such feature and yeah , it's better to have a quick edit and from quick edit an ability to switch to the full edit.
    Lets say i've forgotten to type period or comma , a quick way to edit that would be great .

11. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

No priority for me, but nice to have. So I liked the OP.

12. Greg M

Greg M Member

I had to edit a post today, and it brought me to the full edit screen. I was almost amazed that there isn't a quick edit.

So yes, Liked.

OperaManiac likes this.
  13. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I could swear that originally, editing didn't take you to a new page. And, I would "like" this about a hundred times if I could.

OperaManiac and Dragonfly like this.
  14. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

x1000000000000000000 on this one.. being a "machine gun poster" often results in my need to edit.. a quickie would be delightful :)

anotheralias likes this.
  15. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

That's why I didn't mind the lack of a spellcheck - it was easy to reread your post and fix the typos without leaving the conversation.

16. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Yeah I am sure you are correct there MissAlias I have no idea when it changed, but I am sure it used to be a quick ajax type edit.

17. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

Liked.

18. MentaL

MentaL Active Member

THIS IS A MUST HAVE!