[Question] Xenforo programming intellisense

SchmitzIT

Not sure how to actually word this, but in one of the example videos Kier did, it seems as if the IDE he uses provides intellisense for the XenForo framework.

How would I go about achieving that, exactly? I am aware it will probably differ per IDE, but some generic guidelines would be nice. I'm primarily using Visual Studio with a PHP.NET plugin, but am not afraid to try other IDEs if that makes life easier :)

Thanks!

Peter

Kier uses Zend Studio, which is a derivative of PDT, which is what I use.

http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/

Thanks, Mike. Now how will I get the XenForo classes to show up in that when my download is done? I'm used to VS for whatever development I did for vB, but found it quite limiting that I lacked the ability to invoke intellisense for the vB specific functions and variables. It does seem as if Kier had that going, and if it is possible to replicate that somehow, it'll make the learning curve for XF development a lot less steep. I have a bit of spare time atm, and wouldn't mind using that to hit the XF ground running :)

PhpED (since 5.9.5 for some model-related stuff) intellisense works perfectly with XenForo too

When you create the project in Eclipse, it's basically done for you.

Every modern IDE have it;)

1. It's important that you create a project.
AFAIK the auto complete works only in project, because the IDE needs to know, which classes, methods & vars exists.
2. You have to activate it. As i tried eclipse (pdt), i had some problems with these feature.
After searching for the problem, i saw on a page, that i needed to enable the php support for the project
eclipse.webp

I'm using PHPStorm & Netbeans, because i can't use PDT on my netbook:( It's too slow^^

Edit: grrr, this 2 guys are always faster

I did not manage to get this working. The "enable PHP" option is grayed out for me.

I'm running Win7, Eclipse, and XAMP. I started a new project, but am thinking I still somehow need to point the project to the XF framework by adding it to the include path. I'm just not sure what to point it at?

That would be awesome, Kier. I've always been annoyed with not having full access to the vB library (i never did a local installation of it), and so I always had an error showing for the include line, and had to guess/read documentation in order to figure out the methods and parameters.

I've picked up some PHP and mySQL knowledge from it, the web, mod makers, and books, but I'm thinking if I can manage to get the environment for xF properly set up, it'll make my life bucketloads easier in the long run :)

Thanks again.

You didn't miss it, I'm hoping to get a chance to put it together this evening.

Top Bottom