Question for the XF staff - are you tired of all the 'likes'?

Dean

in memoriam
In general I've been 'liking' posts for a variety of positive reasons such as 'I agree', 'thank you', etc because that seems simpler and easier, and cleaner to do that instead of putting up another post... because there are already many posts on this forum.

Is that ok, or are you tired of all the likes?

?

I like the likes, but I would also like a dislike. :cool:

Sorry that just made me think of Facebook when you can like so many things the only next progressive step is to be able to like a like...

This forum is great as it is driving competition while also being so simple and addictive etc.

LMAO @ Shelley!

I like the likes. But I also like reading posts saying that you like the post that you're liking. I think I just confused myself

Someone will eventual create a dislike mod... it's inevitable ;)

Liking likes is fine but at what point do you stop people from liking likes? I like the way likes currently work, but I imagine if a mod for dislike comes in, it would make liking items confusing. Plus, can you imagine liking dislikes and then liking the dislikes of other people's liking?

I'm just going to give up now.

In general I've been 'liking' posts for a variety of positive reasons such as 'I agree', 'thank you', etc because that seems simpler and easier, and cleaner to do that instead of putting up another post... because there are already many posts on this forum.
That's really the point of them in general. If you don't have anything you want to add, you can like a comment. Beats the "me too" stuff and because it's so easy, will happen more frequently.

Liking likes is fine but at what point do you stop people from liking likes? I like the way likes currently work, but I imagine if a mod for dislike comes in, it would make liking items confusing. Plus, can you imagine liking dislikes and then liking the dislikes of other people's liking?

oh good grief, stop, lol.

Not to mention this will be an invaluable feature for resource areas with threads being bombarded with thanks when "likes" will suffice beautifully. It'll allow the more important support questions that will be posted to take a prominent role.

I'm liking the way you are thinking. LOL

That's really the point of them in general. If you don't have anything you want to add, you can like a comment. Beats the "me too" stuff and because it's so easy, will happen more frequently.

Sounds great, I did not want to add any work load with all the 'like' notices you must be getting. But still provide some type of feedback. :)

I'm glad the like feature was designed. I've had just as much enjoyment liking posts as I have reading the amount of times the word 'like' has been said in this thread. It's a great tongue-twister.

Everybody likes getting likes :)

Nope, old granny here doesn't:
rappin-granny-jason-hochman.jpg

Top Bottom