Question for the XF staff - are you tired of all the 'likes'?

I prefer just having likes and not a thumbs up/down system.
It makes for a friendlier environment.

People get annoyed if their posts get thumbs down or dislikes.

So likes or nothing gets my vote.

I prefer just having likes and not a thumbs up/down system.
It makes for a friendlier environment.

People get annoyed if their posts get thumbs down or dislikes.

So likes or nothing gets my vote.

Yep, it results in an endless discussion...

The one day both thumbs up and down are enabled.
The other day only thumbs up.
Than people start complaining.
Than the admin just disables it.
Than a few months later, thumbs up again.
Than ...

That's really the point of them in general. If you don't have anything you want to add, you can like a comment. Beats the "me too" stuff and because it's so easy, will happen more frequently.

That's actually a really good point. I had never thought of how useful this system would be in reducing annoying posts.

Not only do I like getting likes, but I like giving likes. Liking and being liked are both likable.

Like giving likes? Really? Didn't get anything from you. Just kidding of course. :)

Anyway, the 'like system is really great. But I think there should be some other rating system in addition to the like system.
Just my 2 cents.

Tired of, no. Stunned by, oh yes.

Well yeah it's true that it's cool to see how fast all the posts are appearing but it might be hard to follow ;)

I am affraid of next week, I'll be on holiday and when ... I think thousands of posts will wait for me :D

PHP developers never mind getting ego points :D

lol, sort of reminds me of...

4862746568_a7605a4c82_b.jpg

Well I find that really not accurate :P Why judings others from the language they code ?

And I am afraid to say but the VHDL language is not in that list :(

Well I find that really not accurate :p Why judings others from the language they code ?

And I am afraid to say but the VHDL language is not in that list :(

I didn't create the diagram myself, it's been floating around various IRC channels for quite some time now. It's all in fun, and indeed, there's quite a few languages that have been omitted from that list. But I've found it to be surprisingly accurate -- after all, us C programmers really are superior to just about everyone else ... just kidding :p

the LIKE implementation combined with Alerts encourages participation :up: :up:
it also makes one feel as if one is connecting more to the audience (community)

Top Bottom