Question about 2.0 and the current 1.5 software

Jim Kingsnorth

I am new to Xenforo so I am not sure how you guys do things. I am currently running 1.5.4 that latest version as my forum has only been on XF since Christmas Eve. When the new 2.0 comes out how long will it be before 1.5 is no longer supported? The reason I ask is because I have two modifications on my forum that are no longer supported by their authors Bible and XF Arcade so I doubt they will be upgraded to work with 2.0.

We don't have specific timescales for things, yet, but I expect we will support XF 1.X for a reasonable amount of time after the release of XF 2.0. We appreciate that not everyone is an early adopter and that for some the migration will take consideration and planning.

As far as I understand, the Bible add-on is probably in the hands of @ThemeHouse (cc: @Mike Creuzer) and although it isn't hosted here, I was under the impression an Arcade add-on was being maintained by @xfrocks.

Have you attempted to contact the relevant authors?

I'm not 100% sure if we'll be upgrading the Bible add-on to XenForo 2.0 honestly as it's definitely not one of our most used add-ons. If you do need anything feel free to send me a private message, or create a ticket over at audentio.com :)

Also the arcade has a limited time, not because of XF2, but because of the retirement of Flash. Soon hardly any computer will have Flash installed.

There are no arcade games working with HTML5.

Also the arcade has a limited time, not because of XF2, but because of the retirement of Flash. Soon hardly any computer will have Flash installed.

But once games are available with HTML5 they can be adopted on mobiles! Android have already phased out flash and it's not on the app store any more.

I'm not 100% sure if we'll be upgrading the Bible add-on to XenForo 2.0 honestly as it's definitely not one of our most used add-ons. If you do need anything feel free to send me a private message, or create a ticket over at audentio.com :)
That is a shame because it is the best bible feature I have found, and I have been doing this since the 90's when it was a BBS. This was before the internet was available to us all. I used Wildcat BBS software.

Not on my forum. We are all old school. The arcade is a must have.

That is a shame because it is the best bible feature I have found, and I have been doing this since the 90's when it was a BBS. This was before the internet was available to us all. I used Wildcat BBS software.
@ThemeHouse have released the Bible add-on as open sourced on their GitHub repository. I believe, from what I've read, that this means they are no longer actively developing it and it is basically unmaintained at this point.

Luckily however, when XF2 comes around you may find there are a few with a broken Bible add-on and may be able to fix it yourselves or ask one of the many developers around here to take a look for you.

Repo is here: https://github.com/ThemeHouse/Biblea

I used Wildcat BBS software.
phblttt... Binkley2/Maximus ruled!
Frontdoor & QuickBBS/RemoteAccess wasn't far behind. :D

Not on my forum. We are all old school. The arcade is a must have.
If it's a must have, then you may be restricted in your upgrade path. As others have said - Flash is on the way out finally. Flash dying is LONG overdue and I'm really hoping that XF2 will have gone to an HTML5 uploader.

Top Bottom