Question about XenForo and a 1GB VPS, how many current visitors. visitors per day, and page views?

I am currently running 2 512mb linode vps servers (1 web and 1 database), and I am currently running vbloat 4.1.3. I am running 30-50 users all day long plus 30-50 spiders and I can handle the traffic no problem. I am also in the setup stages to convert over to XF, and in my testing XF is much, much, much lighter. I am running 7-10% cpu on vbloat and 2-3% of XF.
A 1.5gb vps (with a proper config) should have no problems running a couple of hundred people at a time.

Russ

Not to rain on your parade, but are you sure you're not seeing mostly spiders, rather than "real" people?
Spiders are usually a good thing too, don't get me wrong.
Almost all of the traffic is from search engines, tweets, and referrals. (y) I have been busy promoting the website.

Almost all of the traffic is from search engines, tweets, and referrals. (y) I have been busy promoting the website.
I would be inclined to think they're spiders as well, especially with Twitter. For one, you have a whopping two Twitter followers, which means you're probably not getting many real clicks through those links. Secondly, for whatever reason (I forget what it is), links posted on Twitter seem to immediately bring about twenty "visitors" to your forum that really aren't real people. I could see search engines helping you out since you've been producing a good amount of content, but I'd be curious to know what your bounce rate is coming from Twitter.

I know that every time I tweet about a post on twitter I get anywhere from 12 to 25 "visitors". If you check their ip's they're mostly twitter spiders, and very few real people.

I don't count on traffic from twitter at all. I use my MValleyTalk account for advertising, and my local people on the list retweet my posts regularly.

If you have a regular VPS with them and not a hybrid or dedi then you get more resources as well, to bad I still can't afford them and am having to move away :'(.
Interesting. I don't see anything about it on their website either. Thanks.
awww I hate that you're having to move away from WiredTree.

If you have a regular VPS with them and not a hybrid or dedi then you get more resources as well, to bad I still can't afford them and am having to move away :'(.
Who are you going to? I like KnownHost, a bit cheaper than WiredTree and provide the same quality of service.

I like WiredTree better. You get a bit more bang for the buck, excellent customer service, and now they're increasing the VPS packages. I'm a happy camper.
Too quick of a reply, a nice one though, thanks for the input to a successfully hijacked thread lol.

You don't really need a VPS to have Xenforo, i use a Shared Hosting on one of my company VPS (Hosting Site) and it works fine, as long as you all the requirements. Space you only need a bit to be honnest, you just need alot of Bandwidth, which many hosts provide.

10GB Bandwidth is perfect for a busy forum in my opinion if your not that busy 3GB will do fine.

Disk Space Usage

322.21 / 7168 MB​

Monthly Bandwidth Transfer

142.54 / 71680 MB​

Top Bottom