Q&A Questions no phrases?

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

Are the questions and answers no phrases?
That's no nice solution(useless) for multilang boards:(

Hmm, you are right. Maybe it's an oversight. Or maybe they haven't implemented it yet.

In the meantime you might consider math questions since those are universal.

Or maybe they haven't implemented it yet.

I'm really disappointed of some of the features.
If its a quick solution => "I thought it's IB's strategy to implement quick and dirty implemented features..."
Make it right, or don't waste time with coding it...

K & M seems to forget too often, that not everybody will use the english version of xenforo :(

As a add-on coder i don't care of this problems.
I'm able to change the code / overwrite the parts which i don't like (for example, i had to change the add-on export) but people without coding experiance will be lost:(

K & M seems to forget too often, that not everybody will use the english version of xenforo :(
Hardly. I don't see how that sentiment even makes sense here, given that the questions are admin defined.

What you actually mean is people that run boards that run in multiple languages (with no overlap in language knowledge). And really, that isn't an incredibly common setup.

I'm not sure who coded it into the vB Core, but there it was solved with phrases.

Specialy for some of my boards, it's a MUST.
In some boards, i have users, who can only reed cyrillic and some others only know the latin font.

With the QA System, they wouldn't be able to register!
When they change the board-language, they will be able to go to the registration page, they will be able to read the form BUT they woun't be able to read & answer the question :(

That's the same with the languages.
If you have a international support board (for example english, italian, german) and you have only english questions, some people wount be able to register...)

There's nothing preventing you from entering the same question in each language though (in one question). Well, length might be an issue if you had to do it a lot.

You answered it already:)
Well, length might be an issue if you had to do it a lot.

But nevermind..
I'll don't troll in this thread..:)

You don't see the sense for this and you think it's ok as it is => i have to live with this (or to code once again something own:( if i want to use xenforo in the feature )

Mike,

although multilingual forums aren't the norm, there are enough out there and enough prospectiv customers, like companies who would die for a decent multilingual solution, to make keeping multilingual solutions in mind when developing Xen. There is really a potential there.;)

xenDach

The issue here was that confidence in ReCAPTCHA, our default human verification system, took a major hit recently with reports that the system had been cracked. Therefore it was important to get a new verification system in place quickly in order to deal with the mounting spam problem.

I'm sorry it doesn't support internationalization at present, but doing so at this point would have required a more lengthy development process, and I thought people would prefer to have some kind of Q&A system in XenForo rather than none at all. We will go back and revisit the issue of placing the questions and answers into phrases at a later date.

Top Bottom