XF 2.2 PWA setup

JoyFreak

So I've set up the PWA and my board meets all requirements. However, I don't see the install button on my browser for my site as seen on here. Does it take a while for it to show up or something? I just want to make sure I've set up it correctly and it works as intended.

pwa.png

Yes, it can take some time for the browser to refresh the manifest.

View attachment 235548

Try a hard refresh.

Edit: It shows for me so it's just a browser issue for you.

View attachment 235549
That's nice to hear, thanks for checking! I did try a hard refresh but it still didn't show up and I also tried it in another browser, i.e Microsoft Edge but still nothing. I'll just have to wait this one out until my browsers do their thing :).

That's nice to hear, thanks for checking! I did try a hard refresh but it still didn't show up and I also tried it in another browser, i.e Microsoft Edge but still nothing. I'll just have to wait this one out until my browsers do their thing :).
Did this ever end up working for you? I set mine up yesterday and still nothing, tried clearing my cache and using different (supported) browsers from different computers/mobile devices. My PWA setup says everything meets requirements and is successful (green).

Also, where does the manifest reside? When I view the source of this site I see it referenced, however on my site it is not there.

Did this ever end up working for you? I set mine up yesterday and still nothing, tried clearing my cache and using different (supported) browsers from different computers/mobile devices. My PWA setup says everything meets requirements and is successful (green).

Also, where does the manifest reside? When I view the source of this site I see it referenced, however on my site it is not there.
It goes into your root folder of where your XF installation is. Yes it did work for me and it was most probably instant but because I had already set up PWA before 2.2 and had the app installed already so that’s why it weren’t showing for me. After uninstalling it and installing it again, it showed. So unless this is the case for you too then I’m not sure what else is causing it.

Looking at your site, there's no reference to the manifest in the source. This very likely means that you have outdated templates. There should be a warning about this in the control panel. You'll need to follow the process to resolve that (likely merging changes or reverting and redoing customizations, if needed).

Looking at your site, there's no reference to the manifest in the source. This very likely means that you have outdated templates. There should be a warning about this in the control panel. You'll need to follow the process to resolve that (likely merging changes or reverting and redoing customizations, if needed).
Excellent, that looks to be it, the page container specifically. Thanks for this tip, I see it in the source now. I'll just wait and see if we get picked up.

sure
Detective Pikachu Pokemon GIF

Hi,
I am also trying to get this up and running.
Waited now 24hrs and still nothing on the iPhone in Safari or Chrome.
On my Mac in chrome I could get the Overlay Window "Install App".
But at no other Browser.

Any ideas? Especially to get it on the mobile devices where its actually useful?

P.S. If someone wants to check www.zroadster.com/forum

Thanks,
Thorsten

Your site works for me on my computer and Android phone.

Note the limitations when it comes to apple devices and browsers.

Additionally, as with push notifications, these features are only available on devices and browsers that fully support PWAs. Would you care to take a guess as to what the most notable exceptions might be? As you may have suspected, once again Safari on macOS and any iOS-based browsers are the culprits due to Apple's ongoing failure to implement industry standards. While Safari on both macOS and iOS does support graceful offline handling, it does not support installation or badging (more on that below) at this time.

Your site works for me on my computer and Android phone.

Note the limitations when it comes to apple devices and browsers.
I haven't tried the PWA on an Android phone yet but I have installed it on my PC and I still don't get notifications (such as badge icon). Not sure if that's just not built in but I did successfully build the PWA and all checks out.

I haven't tried the PWA on an Android phone yet but I have installed it on my PC and I still don't get notifications (such as badge icon). Not sure if that's just not built in but I did successfully build the PWA and all checks out.
You need to turn on push notifications via your accounts preferences!

Top Bottom