XF 2.2 PWA icon on android has shrunk!

Mr Lucky

I have one member who has reported that our forum PWA icon on android used to be fine but has gradually shrunk leaving the white border.

android icon.webp

For comparison here it is on my iPhone working fine:

badge2.webp

Does anyone please know if this is a bug or an Android thing?

I just uninstalled my site's PWA yesterday (I have a love-hate relationship with it) but the icon was fine and this was post-2.2.13. I have a Galaxy S20 running Android 13.

Oddly enough, I think I have a similar issue. But I also think it might be something I did.

Attachments

• IMG_2420.webp
    IMG_2420.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2421.webp
    IMG_2421.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 8
What did you do?
I used https://realfavicongenerator.net/ to redo all my icons at once and hopefully not miss anything. But the download package gives a file called site.webmanifest while the XF system outputs to a file called webmanifest.php. At the same time, the package I downloaded from that site has a few more icons and code than XF asks for in the admin panel. Which makes me a little confused about which icons I should keep/delete and whether or not my code is correct. I don’t think there’s one right way for icons but I would rather try to stick to the XF way. But XF doesn’t put the icons in the root directory which is generally where browsers expect to find them. So I like to keep mine in the root and I don’t know if that could also be causing conflict.

Maybe @Chris D has advice.

Top Bottom