Purchasing from Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruzya

How i can purchase XFRM when i live in Russia (Visa and MasterCard won't work for payments outside the country)? Currently Stripe is only available method.

I don't know what the terms of the sanction are and whether direct bank payments can be made from Russian banks to UK banks at this time but I suspect it won't be possible.

You can make payments in all countries that support the UnionPay payment system and payment with a MIR card that can be connected. I really hope that the xenforo administration will support its users all over the world.

You may need to create a ticket for this.

Kruzya
Well-known member​
Joined Sep 16, 2018​

It does seem harsh having been a member for several years but then again as MySiteGuy posted above, it is the intent of the economic sanctions, not specifically Xenforo.
May I ask what are your intentions for a XF licence in Russia?

Kruzya
Well-known member​
Joined Sep 16, 2018​

It does seem harsh having been a member for several years but then again as MySiteGuy posted above, it is the intent of the economic sanctions, not specifically Xenforo.
May I ask what are your intentions for a XF licence in Russia?

Unfortunately, its usually the common person who suffers (or dies) from the war games of the rich and powerful.

This is called collateral damage.

It's exactly the intent of the economic sanctions. Economic pressure on the the people, businesses, oligarchs and government, which in turn hopefully pressure Putin to stop the war on Ukraine.

Unfortunately, its usually the common person who suffers (or dies) from the war games of the rich and powerful.
Yup, yup and yup.

It's horrible and there's no upside. Being unable to buy forum software is nothing compared to the genocide going on in Ukraine right now. Just read an article in The Guardian about how Ukrainian women are being raped and murdered by Russian soldiers. If that isn't a war crime, I don't know what is.

I bought XFRM on one of my licenses, and will not be using it, is it possible to just have that transferred to them
I'm 99.2% sure that XFRM and XFMG are required to stay with their original licence. They can not be transferred.

Edit... We were typing the same thing at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom